• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attitude of people on low pay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    All I do is expect:-

1) They turn up on time when they're supposed to.
    2) They clean my house properly for the amount of time I pay them for.

Whats to do wrong?
    Are you not servicing them?

Comment

Perhaps if you paid your cleaner more, you'd find you got a better job done. Alternatively, you might start a thread on the attitude of people on high pay.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Perhaps if you paid your cleaner more, you'd find you got a better job done. Alternatively, you might start a thread on the attitude of people on high pay.
        Here we are. This is a simple process error.

Psycho keeps follwoing the same process:

1. Hire someone in a certain manner
        2. Pay them this much
        3. Communicate them this way

And he keep getting the same outcome but can't see that his process is to blame.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Comment

All I do is expect:-

1) They turn up on time when they're supposed to.
          2) They clean my house properly for the amount of time I pay them for.

Whats to do wrong?
          Your client probably doesn't expect you to spend all your time on CUK bad-mouthing them, and you presumably charge 5-10X what your cleaner does.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            So NAT do you rock up at McDonalds and offer them a few quid extra to cook your burger better?

Or do you think its adequate to expect it done properly for the going rate of a burger?
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Your client probably doesn't expect you to spend all your time on CUK bad-mouthing them, and you presumably charge 5-10X what your cleaner does.
              10 times would be £100 an hour. I wish. Sadly its not even 5x.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

So NAT do you rock up at McDonalds and offer them a few quid extra to cook your burger better?

Or do you think its adequate to expect it done properly for the going rate of a burger?
                Look, we're at the point where we need to start charging proper consultancy rates if you can't sort this out yourself.

Comment

If you're going via an agency and paying a tenner an hour, cleaner is probably on minimum wage.

Child #2 just started work at local pub/restaurant. Shocked to find that, at 20, min wage is < £5. Fortunately she's making a fair bit in tips, although at lot of that is out of her direct control if the food is slow/burnt/cold etc.

Maybe worth giving your cleaner an extra few quid if he/she does a good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    Didn't someone on here knob their cleaner?

Is that the best way to ensure good reliable staff?
                    Didn't work in this example...

Lesbian housekeeper claims Tory MP tried to lure her into threesome with his wife | Mail Online
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                      Didn't someone on here knob their cleaner?

Is that the best way to ensure good reliable staff?
                      That was KentPhilip

He's still single
                      and his house is now dirtier than ever
                      and his cock has started to smell
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X