• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attitude of people on low pay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    They should be grateful for the job. If they don't want to do it at the rate offered, either negotiate or look elsewhere for work.
    What you don't do is take the job. agree to do the work at that rate and then rip off the employer.
    I hear you, but it's much easier to be ethical and punctual when being paid a lot of wonga

Comment

Originally Posted by Diver
      They should be grateful for the job. If they don't want to do it at the rate offered, either negotiate or look elsewhere for work.
      What you don't do is take the job. agree to do the work at that rate and then rip off the employer.
      Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I hear you, but it's much easier to be ethical and punctual when being paid a lot of wonga
      It's still gaining monies by false representation (theft)
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Surely you don't think they like your personality?
        I am sure they would if they only gave me a chance

Comment

reccomend

erm...can someone recommend any cleaning agency in (South) London?

cheers
          C

Comment

Originally posted by carlosLondon View Post
            erm...can someone recommend any cleaning agency in (South) London?
            HMRC

Comment

I am sure they would if they only gave me a chance

I had a mate who looked like a quasimodo stunt double and he would walk past a dolly bird in a pub and drop his phone number on the table. He said, 'statistically, one day , one of them will pick it up , give me a call and wham bam'
              So I told him to go up to the roof, jump off and flap his arms around. 'Statistically, one day, you will fly'

start flapping Alexi

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
                I could tell you stories!!!

I could have done a blog on the incidents that happened when I ran the agency!

Cleaner getting drunk on the client's booze and throwing up on the sofa - blamed the client for NOT having the booze under lock and key!!! WTF!!

Client married their cleaner - I did try to continue getting paid for her services to him but he wouldn't wear it!!

Tone
                Numbers please? How much did you charge out for and how much did you pay the staff?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Numbers please? How much did you charge out for and how much did you pay the staff?
                  All cleaners self employed.... the householders paid them direct - £7 per hour

Agency fee - £2.95 per hour (cleaner mgt, ins etc)

This was oop Norf.

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

I had a mate who looked like a quasimodo stunt double and he would walk past a dolly bird in a pub and drop his phone number on the table. He said, 'statistically, one day , one of them will pick it up , give me a call and wham bam'
                    So I told him to go up to the roof, jump off and flap his arms around. 'Statistically, one day, you will fly'

start flapping Alexi

I had an aussie friend who'd wait until fairly late in the evenings, at pubs, and simply put a rude proposition on the table to whoever took his fancy. He got laid more than he got slapped. Said it was a simple matter of getting ti out there, as there was always someone who would say yes.

Never tried it out.

Comment

Do you get paid just above minimum wage to clean stuff?
                      Not my fault shes a cleaner though, is it?
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X