• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nasty Contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Incidently has anybody ever actually met somebody who comes onto contractoruk? None of the contractors I have met seem to use it...
    That's a damn good question: good enough for a poll.

I mention CUK to all the contractors I come into contact with - and not one of them says they use it. Or at least they won't admit it. Maybe a carry-over from the AndyW scandal..?
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post

I mention CUK to all the contractors I come into contact with - and not one of them says they use it. Or at least they won't admit it. Maybe a carry-over from the AndyW scandal..?
      Indeed I was thinking of making a poll/thread about it but then the biaatch next to me changed me priorities.

Comment

Only ever disliked one contractor, and he turned out to be a brown noser who was sucking his way into a permie role.

Usually find the common ground of "these permies are idiots, we contractors are in this together" type of thing.

Comment

one bad apple

I am currently working with 6 other contractors. The 7th is a self appointed lead who knows ever thing and is rude and seems
          to be the PMs favourite mate

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
            Only ever disliked one contractor, and he turned out to be a brown noser who was sucking his way into a permie role.

Usually find the common ground of "these permies are idiots, we contractors are in this together" type of thing.
            I have never had an issue with a fellow contractor. Invariably, because my work is normally quite separate to theirs, there are no territorial issues. I must admit to seeing a group of Java develoeprs falling out when the red pen was pulled out by a client once. Never seen such bitching. I am normally the only fella doing what I do.

Never had an issue with a contractor though, most try and get along and not make too much trouble.

Comment

Only once did I meet a contractor who used it that I didn't know, the dearly departed Mordac.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                Incidently has anybody ever actually met somebody who comes onto contractoruk? None of the contractors I have met seem to use it...
                Yeah, I know a couple, which is surprising as I'd guess there are only half a dozen real people on here and i'm not one of them.

Comment

Only worked with one contractor I would gladly punch in the throat if I ever saw again.

Got a 6 week contract in Darlington joining on what could only be described as the 'Mary Celeste' of projects, and had a contract PM who went out of his way to make me look like a bell end to the permie management. I'm sure they were looking for a scapegoat, and I happened to be it - I reckon.

Senile Welsh old ****er!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
                    Only worked with one contractor I would gladly punch in the throat if I ever saw again.

Got a 6 week contract in Darlington joining on what could only be described as the 'Mary Celeste' of projects, and had a contract PM who went out of his way to make me look like a bell end to the permie management. I'm sure they were looking for a scapegoat, and I happened to be it - I reckon.

Senile Welsh old ****er!
                    Crapita are full of them there.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

What did AndyW do?
                      one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                      X