• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nasty Contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have, routinely since moving to the South East..

Coming from Australia to Berkshire was a culture shock, even saying "hello" is considered an interruption in some offices I've been in.

In my opinion, life outside of work here is enough to make anyone miserable.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      Are you Male or Female? As it happens the person next to me is the first female techie contractor I have worked with (worked with loads of female contractors and permie techies but not techie contractor). I wonder if that's anything to do with it....
      I have managed to go a full 24 hours without even looking or talking to her. I am hoping to do it for the whole time she is here...
      Maybe she has you marked down a young chauvanistic pup and has beaten you to it.

Just saying like.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
        Not a looker then?
        Stunning.... For a goat.

TBH even if she was I would still do the same.

Comment

Stunning.... For a goat.

TBH even if she was I would still do the same.
          Bet you wouldn't...

Comment

Generally this place is grim.... I am in contact with colleagues back at Radbroke and we are both working to get me back there once I have done my 3 month break. This person next to me though is just the icing on the cake.

Comment

Has anybody every worked with really nasty, unfriendly contractors?
              There's another type?

I always find that two contractors in the same room is one too many.
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Bet you wouldn't...
                I guess if she was a 9 or a 10 then it would at least partly make up for it.....

Comment

Bet you wouldn't...
                  Agreed. But MTT would.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                    There's another type?

I always find that two contractors in the same room is one too many.
                    All my giggs to date have had decent contractors working around me. Incidently has anybody ever actually met somebody who comes onto contractoruk? None of the contractors I have met seem to use it...

Comment

Are you Male or Female? As it happens the person next to me is the first female techie contractor I have worked with (worked with loads of female contractors and permie techies but not techie contractor). I wonder if that's anything to do with it....

I have managed to go a full 24 hours without even looking or talking to her. I am hoping to do it for the whole time she is here...
                      'Contractor unfriendly' client = unfriendly contractor.

Apart from doing what I'm contracted for, I'm wasting zero energy attempting to communicate unless I have to.

Currently with 'contractor unfriendly' client. Canteen's not bad though and there's some minge.
                      Last edited by oscarose; 27 March 2012, 12:32.
                      one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                      X