• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Nasty Contractors

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nasty Contractors"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Time of the month love, go lie down and it will all be better in the morning?
    True colours.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    <Northernwanker>
    Feel like smashing the person against the wall....

As it happens the person next to me is the first female techie contractor I have worked with (worked with loads of female contractors and permie techies but not techie contractor). I wonder if that's anything to do with it....

Stunning.... For a goat.

I guess if she was a 9 or a 10 then it would at least partly make up for it..... "

</Northernwanker>

You are a misogynistic fukwit.
    And yes I know there are many of those on here - however they are amusing and entertaining, you are simply a twat - bugger off back to business/contracts where they are too polite to tell you to sod off.

And FWIW - I get one well with everyone I work with, I make the effort and it pays dividends.
    Time of the month love, go lie down and it will all be better in the morning?

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    <Northernwanker>

As it happens the person next to me is the first female techie contractor I have worked with (worked with loads of female contractors and permie techies but not techie contractor). I wonder if that's anything to do with it....

Stunning.... For a goat.

I guess if she was a 9 or a 10 then it would at least partly make up for it..... "

</Northernwanker>

And yes I know there are many of those on here - however they are amusing and entertaining, you are simply a twat - bugger off back to business/contracts where they are too polite to tell you to sod off.

And FWIW - I get one well with everyone I work with, I make the effort and it pays dividends.
    EDIT: removed reply. Realised it wasn't worth the effort even responding to that....
    Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 28 March 2012, 21:42.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    <Northernwanker>

Stunning.... For a goat.

</Northernwanker>

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Almost had to break the silence about 30 mins ago due to work request. Managed to get round it by sending an email instead of verbally. Still on track to go through the full 3 or 6 months doing this....
    Fail to see any problem.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Almost had to break the silence about 30 mins ago due to work request. Managed to get round it by sending an email instead of verbally. Still on track to go through the full 3 or 6 months doing this....

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Yeah, been in that position a couple of times over the years. Mind you, I'm not one for holding back, so "roughly" usually translates into "finally" pretty much straight away for me!

I honestly think you'd be better off saying nothing on your final day...

...and then punch him in the face (see MF for details. )

I won't do that. However I think he'll be surprised when he discovers that my final day is not the same as what he wanted.

And its not as if I warned him.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Had a contractor "join" our team a few years back on Monday, he promptly slated the entire application and was suggesting a rewrite (been in use for 4 years), got the manager's back up along with a couple of team leads from the sub-teams, generally just obnoxious, twunt who was very up his own @r5e.

The only reason he got in on Thursday was because his agent didn't manage to get hold of him on Wednesday evening.

Found out after the fact that the people who interviewed him recognised he may be a coding genius and a great asset, or a total pillock, and reduced the notice period in the first month to 1 week. Wise move.

Sadly it turned out to be the latter.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Mine is a permie PM but since I've resigned and told him roughly what I thought about him yesterday he isn't talking to me.

When I finally tell him what I really think of him he definitely won't be happy.
    Yeah, been in that position a couple of times over the years. Mind you, I'm not one for holding back, so "roughly" usually translates into "finally" pretty much straight away for me!

I honestly think you'd be better off saying nothing on your final day...

...and then punch him in the face (see MF for details. )

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Diver!!!!!!!

How's em hangin' Darlin'?

Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that

You are the only one I really missed, but keep that to yourself

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Nothing. My PM got shifted offshore. Been trying to get business requirements and a project plan out of him since December 7th. He tells me he's still working on it.

I've been basically "doing my own thing" for nearly 4 months now. Still, the invoices are still being paid, so I don't really care.
    Mine is a permie PM but since I've resigned and told him roughly what I thought about him yesterday he isn't talking to me.

When I finally tell him what I really think of him he definitely won't be happy.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    My current PM is rapidly approaching 24 hours without talking.

He needs me to do a bit of work very urgently but until he tells me to drop what I'm doing (equally mission critical) and do it I won't be starting.

ho hum.
    Nothing. My PM got shifted offshore. Been trying to get business requirements and a project plan out of him since December 7th. He tells me he's still working on it.

I've been basically "doing my own thing" for nearly 4 months now. Still, the invoices are still being paid, so I don't really care.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Diver!!!!!!!

How's the hand hangin' Darlin'?

FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    I did work with a permie who hacked into your machine and stole your library code. He then got very, very arsey when myself and another contractor worked out what he had done, then did the same to him, then deleted his own code library. Couldn't work out who had done it either.

Was a few years ago, but I remember it clearly, he wet his pants when he realsied he'd lost his lifetimes collection of (other peoples) code...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    By Lunchtime it will be 48 hours since we last exchanged words......

This is starting to get interesting...
    I've managed to go 18 months ignoring the women who works two desks away from me & vice versa. Fookin ignorant cow, started my saying morning etc and she never said a word so I (and a number of others) completely ignore her.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X