• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nasty Contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe some care needed here on the part of the OP.

I was doing some work at the fringe of a project once in addition to the mainstream of the role that I was originally appointed to. The fringe work I was involved in was doc reviews at requirements stage.

A new BA was appointed whose name was actually that of an African bovid (the resemblance didn't end there). Her immediate demands on the rest of the project were unrealistic to say the least and a couple of contractors took umbrage and an instant dislike. Turns out she was actually there to combine several workstreams into a single project and to take over as lead.

Lol, copybook and blotted doesn't even come close. Not the best way for the sponsors to manage the project and its' comms though ......

Comment

Maybe you banged her years ago and forgot who she was, turns out chicks don't like that as I learned only too well and many many many occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
        'Contractor unfriendly' client = unfriendly contractor.

Apart from doing what I'm contracted for, I'm wasting zero energy attempting to communicate unless I have to.

Currently with 'contractor unfriendly' client. Canteens not bad though and there's some minge.
        I guess I have just been lucky to date then. Still I aim to go back to a place where you wouldn't hate to go to.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
          Incidently has anybody ever actually met somebody who comes onto contractoruk? None of the contractors I have met seem to use it...

I always lie when asked. If pushed I never let on that I have posted in general.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I always lie when asked. If pushed I never let on that I have posted in general.
            Liar

Comment

I know one guy, worked with him, decent bloke, doesn't post as much as you saddos though.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                I know one guy, worked with him, decent bloke, doesn't post as much as you saddos though.
                How many posts have you got since Last April?

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                  I am pleased to be called a saddo by you. I would hate for anyone to think you liked me.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                    How many posts have you got since Last April?
                    Not as many as some.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I am pleased to be called a saddo by you. I would hate for anyone to think you liked me.
                      I wasn't talking to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X