• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

P*ss P**r pay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    How on earth do you afford kumquats on that?
    Reminds me of the blank stares I got in a rural sandwich shop when I asked for a bacon and avocado baguette. I actually had to explain what an avocado was.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Bacon and avocado - ponce
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Reminds me of the blank stares I got in a rural sandwich shop when I asked for a bacon and avocado baguette. I actually had to explain what an avocado was.
        They were probably confused with baguette as well....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          FTFY
          Though it must be said that engineering contracting rates rarely exceed £40/hr.
          I think it was right first time round, a mate of mine is a building service engineer (contractor) and struggles to get over £200 per day

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            You can imagine how you can live in South Wales on £40/hr.
            I use mine to buy product and distrubute it through my valleys contacts
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              How on earth do you afford kumquats on that?
              At the time I was looking to get a contract everybody on here was like no be careful, it's not as much as you think blah. I started on £250/day and I felt so rich compared to that peanuts permie salary......

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                It amazes me that anyone wants to be an engineer at all. this is ad for a civil engineer for Atkins -

[I]Permanent
                Pay
                £26,000 - £35,000

<snip>
                I wonder what the rate was before an agent get their cut, bloody scum of the earth
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  I wonder what the rate was before an agent get their cut, bloody scum of the earth
                  tsk. That's Engineers for you eh?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    Welcome to modern Britain, where actually doing stuff is considered monkeys work and bulltulipting is the only valuable skill.
                    It doesn't matter what budget the Chancellor comes out with. Britain's economy will never recover until people stop listening to sales people and start listening to engineers -- civil, mechanical, software, etc.

It is a sea change in cultural values that is needed, and it is not going to happen overnight, if ever.
                    Der going over der to get der der's.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      it's a one off 2500-4500 fee depending on experience. i used to work for atkins (NW) as a grad engineer, joined just before the 2008 crash. i was on 24k at the time, but since the crash they lowered it to 23k. but i think it came back up to 25k since. i remember there were a few senior engineer who just got chartered, they were on around 35k.

Just had a grad joining my current office (East of UK), much smaller than atkins, they are paying her 22k.... (and we are already an oil and gas company)

from what i can gather, for non-oil/gas companies, the current level for a contruction type company:

grad: 22-28k (up to 35k for exxon, bp and other big suppliers)
                      2-5yrs: 30-39k
                      chartered around 5-10 years: up to 45k
                      principle engineer: up to 65k.

of course this depends on location and type of engineering company. I mostly focus on chemical/nuclear/oil/gas plant. i found civil, eletrical, mechanical engineers paid a good 10-20% less than process, safety, control engineers.
                      Happy days every day...just keep invoicing.

Comment

Working...
                      X