• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jail or Flogging

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You've been to prison then, to know what it's like?
    Originally posted by doomage View Post
    Nope. Not been to a holiday camp either.
    I've been to both. There;'s more to do at a holiday camp, but prison is cheaper.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Actually reading the Jeffery Archer diaries and would guess they are fairly factual.

It does seem that the prisons could be better run and there are serious problems within that need attention if recidivism is going to be reduced.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Both approaches I'd say. Most first time offenders are deterred by a caution, some young men do grow out of crime, rehab works for some addicts so I'd say there's nowt wrong with a soft approach for 1st timers who show willing or any who have really made an effort to reform.

It's the perpetual reooffenders who show no intent or ability to change their ways we should be harsh on. Those cost an enormous amount every year and influence others into crime. They say prison doesn't work but if other approaches don't work either, prison is the only option that protects other people. I think people greatly underestimate the effect of crime on the victims and the way it affects their lives, sometimes permanently.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
          Might have been the daily mail. Better than getting a sense of humour from the guardian.
          Whatever. 2/10.

MF: you were only in prison for a conjugal visit weren't you?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Whatever. 2/10.

MF: you were only in prison for a conjugal visit weren't you?
            Always just for a visit. Allowed home afterwards. Not sure I'd want to stay overnight.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
            X