• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dysfunctional family on benefits goes on holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    I agree, love the royals some of the lesser ones are a waste of space but for the most part their worth there wieght in gold, especially now we have kate and pippa
    Pippa isn't in the royal family.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
      I agree, love the royals some of the lesser ones are a waste of space but for the most part their worth there wieght in gold, especially now we have kate and pippa
      Such taste as well...

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        She'll have one or two of them in her before long though.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Who really gives a sh*t.

I'd rather they made the odd c*ck-up than have an elected head of state like Blair and his cohorts.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Such taste as well...

Is that some kind of portable fold-down gloryhole?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              I'd rather they made the odd c*ck-up than have an elected head of state like Blair and his cohorts.
              Or an unelected head of state like Cameron and his cronies

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Course she is, and that arse probably brings in 160mill a year in magazine subcriptions alone

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  In which case those Londoners who benefited should pay.

Paris brings in £125,000,000 per year excluding Versailles Palace. Get rid of the monarchy, people will still visit Bucking Palace.
                  If we only ever did things based on economic sense, we wouldn't have any of these wonderful buildings & landmarks in the first place.

Plus, to the Americans particularly the Royal Family themselves are a big draw for tourism, over and above the fact we have palaces - loads of countries have palaces but fewer have proper royalty in them.

I'd rather have the royals than the 3 jet fighters or 1500 public sector workers they'd be replaced with.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    If we only ever did things based on economic sense, we wouldn't have any of these wonderful buildings & landmarks in the first place.

Plus, to the Americans particularly the Royal Family themselves are a big draw for tourism, over and above the fact we have palaces - loads of countries have palaces but fewer have proper royalty in them.

I'd rather have the royals than the 3 jet fighters or 1500 public sector workers they'd be replaced with.
                    So why not do what we did with London Bridge and flog them to the Yanks as a job lot? I'm sure they'll do very nicely in Windsorland Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      I like the Royal Family.

I don't have a problem with paying for them.

But I don't paying out for the minor royals. The Wessex's are probably making their own way in the world (they have a history of not asking too many questions about things like this).
                      Totally this. It is the hangers on that spoilt it for me but I think the Royals work pretty hard personally. Didn't Prince Charles attend over 350+ official functions in a year, not bad for someone his age. Just hope he didn't say too much at them though

Without the Royals there would be no empire and nothing to make us any more special than the next small island IMO.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X