• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dysfunctional family on benefits goes on holiday"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    It just confirms my and other some other peoples’ thoughts
    Still struggling with basic English I see. Jellyhead.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Just an open message to a certain CUK member re: comments about this thread. It just confirms my and some other peoples’ thoughts that the mere fact that someone wants to be a soldier should be the most important reason to exclude them from being one. I am glad you are no longer one.
    Last edited by Paddy; 11 January 2012, 07:43. Reason: remove duplicate word as pointed out by c^nt loser.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    I like the Royals, the royal wedding last year brought communities together as lots of places had street parties etc to celebrate the occasion. It some ways it promotes a sense of national pride I am really looking forward to the Queen's diamond jubilee. Mind you the only downside is I'll lose a days billing lol

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    When you look at the alternative, there is no alternative.

I'm all for them. And the Queen Mum too, Gawd Bless 'Er.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    The Royal Family are so down to earth too...

Prince Philip's Lame Lockerbie Lament - Top 10 Gaffes from the British Royal Family - TIME

The 1988 bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 killed 259 passengers and crew members; in addition, large sections of the plane crashed into homes in Lockerbie, Scotland, killing 11 residents. In 1993, as he was visiting the street where the victims on the ground died, the prince shocked locals by comparing their tragedy to problems at the royal estate. "People usually say that after a fire, it is water damage that is the worst," he said. "We are still trying to dry out Windsor Castle."

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Bunch of German spongers. I don't buy the economic justification at all. Nobody does business with British firms because of the Royal Family. The Yanks and the Japanese would still come and see our castles etc even if we stopped the big handouts.
    But not as much, it would then just be history. I don't know why, but the Yanks really are into the Monarchy.

What do you reckon the gross sales were on Will & Kate tea-towels for instance?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Bunch of German spongers. I don't buy the economic justification at all. Nobody does business with British firms because of the Royal Family. The Yanks and the Japanese would still come and see our castles etc even if we stopped the big handouts.

Harry's the only one out of them that has anything about him and we all know why that is don't we?
    Yep. He's a green lizard alien.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied

Harry's the only one out of them that has anything about him and we all know why that is don't we?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    We don't have one, we have a monarchy. Do keep up!
    I am doing my best

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    So exactly who then IS the elected head of state?
    We don't have one, we have a monarchy. Do keep up!

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    I have far less of a problem shelling out for the Royals than I do for the banks.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Or an unelected head of state like Cameron and his cronies
    So exactly who then IS the elected head of state?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    The same can be said of slavery, yet we've managed to abolish that.
    The Yanks copied slavery though, they didn't copy royalty.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Without the Royals there would be no empire and nothing to make us any more special than the next small island IMO.
    The same can be said of slavery, yet we've managed to abolish that.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I like the Royal Family.

I don't have a problem with paying for them.

But I don't paying out for the minor royals. The Wessex's are probably making their own way in the world (they have a history of not asking too many questions about things like this).
    Totally this. It is the hangers on that spoilt it for me but I think the Royals work pretty hard personally. Didn't Prince Charles attend over 350+ official functions in a year, not bad for someone his age. Just hope he didn't say too much at them though

Without the Royals there would be no empire and nothing to make us any more special than the next small island IMO.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X