• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm not a PC anymore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Not sure what iOS does in terms of grouping, but I have related Apps in folders, both on my home pages and also in the Applications menu screens.
    Maybe they added that feature, I'm on Froyo and can't add folders to the Apps screens, only to the home screens. Unless I've missed something. Given that in my search the complaint appears to be a common one, probably not. With iOS you can drag on app over another to create a group into which other apps can be dropped, without creating separate shortcuts.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Maybe they added that feature, I'm on Froyo and can't add folders to the Apps screens, only to the home screens. Unless I've missed something. Given that in my search the complaint appears to be a common one, probably not. With iOS you can drag on app over another to create a group into which other apps can be dropped, without creating separate shortcuts.
      I can do it on Gingerbread (2.3.3) - in the Applications screens, there is an option to add a new folder, or add a new page.

Not sure if I could do it on my previous Android phones - don't think I ever tried.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Reputation comment
        Macs are for gays. DP.
        subtle, I like your style DP
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

It seems to me that Apple moved towards using commodity PC hardware because of it's proven longevity as a platform. Perhaps if they had chosen Intel instead of PowerPC to replace the 68000 back in the day they wouldn't have spent so long in the wilderness.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            The job may well be but I've work to do and don't have time to faff around finding that DLL or restart 'sorry cannot close at this time' etc
            I don't remember having to find a DLL in the last 5 years, and I think My Mac crashed more recently than my Windows PC (neither makes a habit of it).

I quite like my Mac, but I can't see how it's any better than my Windows PC apart from the shiny case. And I still don't think there is a credible alternative to MS-Office, given that "very good compatibility with MS" is a major priority.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I quite like my Mac, but I can't see how it's any better than my Windows PC apart from the shiny case. And I still don't think there is a credible alternative to MS-Office, given that "very good compatibility with MS" is a major priority.
              My opinion, but these things make my life easier on a daily basis.
              Time machine
              Finder (previews etc)
              iLife suite
              Spaces/expose/whatever it's called now
              Full screen apps
              Multitouch gestures

I'm sure there's more, and some stuff that isn't so nice (I like that new snap to half screen thing in windows) but it's my favourite at the moment.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Hmm, most of those I knew about and either don't use or find are pretty much on a Par with W7 equivalents.

Multitouch I don't really find that useful, certainly not on a desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  If you cannot see the difference you're probably using OS X like you are windows. There be tons of subtle attributes you quickly take for granted and soon forget to question when you become used to using the OS. Apple has given far more thought into human machine interface than Windows ever did.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Apple has given far more thought into human machine interface than Windows ever did.
                    It's got a terminal window too, all I need to work
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

If you cannot see the difference you're probably using OS X like you are windows. There be tons of subtle attributes you quickly take for granted and soon forget to question when you become used to using the OS. Apple has given far more thought into human machine interface than Windows ever did.
                      Mac Evangelist: Once you get a Mac you'll never look back
                      Me: Hmm, I'll give it some thought
                      Me: So I got a Mac
                      ME: And? <shudders with delicious anticipation>
                      Me: I'm not that impressed
                      ME: You must be using it wrong

Comment

Working...