• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    You used the article to back up your thoughts that the ending was crap/unoriginal whatever and yet the article concludes with the opposite of what you were trying to say
    I didnt use it to back up my thoughts at all. Why are you so fixated on that? Unlike other mongooses, I dont need others to think for me.

Please actually bother reading before commenting.

All I used it for is cited evidence of the ending of the show, making my point accurate.

And FYI it's a TV show. It's there to fill the time and entertain the process. Not being real, it doesn't have to make sense
    One of the most fundamental aspects in any prose is that it is convincing, or at least logical enough so the viewer can follow it.

Television is supposed to be entertaining. It is less entertaining if it is not original.

Comment

wim, I used to think you got a bit of a rough ride on here, but you actually are a bit of a dick
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        wim, I used to think you got a bit of a rough ride on here, but you actually are a bit of a dick
        You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TestMangler again.
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

I could say the same thing about a few on here ....

I think it is dick-ish not to read others posts before posting and invent scenarios in ones head or to argue a point and just say in a more elaborate way a point they originally summed up in one concise general statement.

Comment

Don't worry I repped him for ya.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

TV shows from the USA

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              Interesting article on some USA TV shows that may have gone under your radar so far, largely due to the poor coverage or crap scheduling if/when they're shown over here.

American TV's hidden gems | Television & radio | The Observer

Personally I prefer to try some of these than watch any of the soaps or celebrity/reality crap that infests UK TV.

Seems a lot recommend "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" (also scores a 9.2 on IMDB) yet I'd never heard of it until reading that article, despite it being out since 2005.
              Thanks to the good old internet I'll give it a try later.
              cheers sport for bringing this to my attention, i've just downloaded the walking dead seasons 1 and 2 so will give that a crack.
              the last time i watched tv shows was about 5 years ago when i used to watch lost up to the end of the 3rd season then gave up on it due to it becoming rather absurd and silly.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                I got to episode 7 & stopped watching it.

Still have all the episodes on tape somewhere or other, just in case I ever feel the need to watch it.

Saying that, I recorded "Taken" way back when & still haven't watched it.
                that looks ok, why did you stop watching it?
                it's downloading right now :-)

Comment

That's 119 hours of your life you've saved.
                  Have you seen "Suits" or "House of Lies"
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I missed the Xmas episode.
                    This years was quite novel actually. Worth a watch as you don't often see that much visual inventiveness on TV
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Stone me, that would have stretched the story even thinner than it was already.
                      What can I say... I enjoyed the journey!
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X