• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone mentioned Cougar Town (Courtney Cox) ? Love it !

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      Good recommendation - I've downloaded some but not had time to view even one episode yet.
      The last few episodes of series 4 are the best TV I've seen this year.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        The last few episodes of series 4 are the best TV I've seen this year.
        WHS

An astounding finish right till the last second
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Gone.
          how did Alcatraz end? Did it come to a proper finish or just stop dead half way through with a million cliff hangers?
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Currently doing Lie to Me, starring Tim Roth, formerly of Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              This is supossed to be a good movie, IMDb - Headhunters (2011) recommended by friends, I missed it at the cinema trying to find it on download.
              read the book, and now watched the film.. highly recommended.

Comment

I find TV shows and series from the US to be all very much alike and repetitive. Restricting yourself to English language programs means missing out on many new ideas and formats.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  I find TV shows and series from the US to be all very much alike and repetitive. Restricting yourself to English language programs means missing out on many new ideas and formats.
                  Indeed. I've seen all of the series of The Killing, Borgen, Engrenages, The Bridge and have just got Les Beaux Mercs lined up for next week. Breaking Bad is definitely worth a go.

p.s. I watch all of these on my 90 min each way train journey so can do a 13 part 40 min series in less than a week.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    p.s. I watch all of these on my 90 min each way train journey so can do a 13 part 40 min series in less than a week.
                    What hardware? ipad, other tablet? laptop?
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                      What hardware? ipad, other tablet? laptop?
                      Asus Transformer Prime. I use swappable 32Gb Micro SD cards as well as the inbuilt storage.

Comment

Working...
                      X