• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    OK....

I don’t know why people are having trouble understanding this, as it is CLEARLY explained in the final minutes of the finale episode by Christian Shephard (Jack’s dad). The original Oceanic 815 plane crash happened. Everything on the Island through seasons 1-6 happened. The “flash sideways” universe introduced in season 6 was a sort of stop-over point between life and afterlife (referred to here as the “purgatory universe”).

Each person in this “purgatory universe” created a reality for themselves based on their lingering issues in life – that which they could not “let go” of. For Jack it was Daddy issues; Kate, the guilt of murder; Sawyer, the quest to find “Sawyer” and be a better man; Sayid, the unrequited love of Nadia; Charlie, looking for something “real” in his hollow life of fame, etc…

That do for you ??

PS - As SpaceCadet said, it was a f***ing TV show. Take out of it what you like. Your interpretation didn't match the writers though
    WHS.

I actually thought they explained it too clearly, didn't leave any room for people to make their own minds up. I obviously didn't realise that it still wouldn't be clear enough for Wim to understand it.

Comment

"House of Lies" reminds me why I left the large American consultants I went to after Uni.

I had a good time until I got involved in one tulip storm too many. I decided life was too short and I didn't want to be sucked in anymore.

Now it's fun to watch it and know I don't have to face it in the morning.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

So, what's this talk about a Lost Xmas special?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Have any of you lot seen criminal minds....if not, thendon't as it is seriously and completely utterly w@nk! Absolute sh1te. My wife, for some reason loves it.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            What?

The one where the dog wakes up & it's Xmas with Santa and the elves?
            That reminds me of an episode of Due South. A gang dressed as Santa and his helpers did a bank job.

Cue cop station scene full of Elvis look alikes and a seargeant yelling "No I said Elves".
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
              Have any of you lot seen criminal minds....if not, thendon't as it is seriously and completely utterly w@nk! Absolute sh1te. My wife, for some reason loves it.
              My wife has the reminder set on the digi-box for the episode this evening.
              Last edited by bless 'em all; 20 April 2012, 19:38. Reason: Making it clear it's not my idea.

Comment

They were going to make a series of CSI where I live. CSI - Isle Of Bute it was going to be called.

They had to cancel it though, when they found out that nearly everyone who lives here has the same DNA.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  They were going to make a series of CSI where I live. CSI - Isle Of Bute it was going to be called.

They had to cancel it though, when they found out that nearly everyone who lives here has the same DNA.
                  You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TestMangler again.
                  LOL!

Comment

I've been enjoying Todd and the Book of Pure Evil, on SciFi. And for those who can smell fudge, there's a new series of Warehouse 13 coming soon, and a spin-off series for HG Wells.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                      I've been enjoying Todd and the Book of Pure Evil, on SciFi. And for those who can smell fudge, there's a new series of Warehouse 13 coming soon, and a spin-off series for HG Wells.
                      Managed 20 min's of Todd and the Book of Pure Evil before my brain turned to mush and I lost the will to live.
                      The FBI guy in Warehouse 13 is depicted as spoilt, childish rather stupid & emotional. Not at all how one would normally portray an FBI Agent or I would picture one.........Oh! hang on, that's how they portray the FBI agent in that other series "Bones"
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X