• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    Seems like you werent paying attention, so re-watch it yourself:

Lost ending: the final episode reviewed | Television & radio | guardian.co.uk

So as I said, dead all along and the whole island was purgatory. Very unoriginal ......
    Strangely enough, it doesn't say that anywhere in the article you quoted

Find the writers explanation on the net.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

This reminds me... Eureka's next season is it's last!
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        From your article.

Kinda negates your whining
        It isnt my article, I didnt write the sodding thing.

So stop being so stupid. I cited that article as proof to the ending of the show, as my word wasnt good enough for testmangler.

I never cited that article saying that I agree with all the views therein or that I wrote it.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          Strangely enough, it doesn't say that anywhere in the article you quoted

Find the writers explanation on the net.
          It does right there in the quote ... Purgatory/limbo is a state you wait in after death and before judgement for your soul to move on.

I have already cited evidence. Feel free to cite your own. Just because you like crap unoriginal television, that doesnt make my point invalid.

Comment

Grimm
            Alcatraz

Never watched Lost.

Just watche 2nd episode of Breakout Kings, not too bad but needs to improve to keep my attention
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

So stop being so stupid. I cited that article as proof to the ending of the show, as my word wasnt good enough for testmangler.

I never cited that article saying that I agree with all the views therein or that I wrote it.
              You used the article to back up your thoughts that the ending was crap/unoriginal whatever and yet the article concludes with the opposite of what you were trying to say

Try reading stuff to the end next time.

And FYI it's a TV show. It's there to fill the time and entertain the process. Not being real, it doesn't have to make sense
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Anyone seen Bones? Is it worth buying season 1 on DVD?

I bought the first season of Lie to Me a year before it turned up on Pick TV.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

OK....

I don’t know why people are having trouble understanding this, as it is CLEARLY explained in the final minutes of the finale episode by Christian Shephard (Jack’s dad). The original Oceanic 815 plane crash happened. Everything on the Island through seasons 1-6 happened. The “flash sideways” universe introduced in season 6 was a sort of stop-over point between life and afterlife (referred to here as the “purgatory universe”).

Each person in this “purgatory universe” created a reality for themselves based on their lingering issues in life – that which they could not “let go” of. For Jack it was Daddy issues; Kate, the guilt of murder; Sawyer, the quest to find “Sawyer” and be a better man; Sayid, the unrequited love of Nadia; Charlie, looking for something “real” in his hollow life of fame, etc…

That do for you ??

PS - As SpaceCadet said, it was a f***ing TV show. Take out of it what you like. Your interpretation didn't match the writers though
                  Last edited by TestMangler; 19 April 2012, 20:04.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

So as I said, dead all along and the whole island was purgatory. Very unoriginal ......
                    It's lovely when someone gets all het up over something which is totally unsubjective and they are demonstrably in the wrong. No mystery about it, they explain it in the show itself so you don't need to analyse it.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      Anyone seen Bones? Is it worth buying season 1 on DVD?

I bought the first season of Lie to Me a year before it turned up on Pick TV.
                      Wifey thinks it's brilliant (It's watchable) I wouldn't buy it myself, it repeats continuously.
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X