• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I'm in two minds about Star Trek Discovery - I enjoy an episode and the next one is awful. Hope it's given a bit of time to get there. Same here for "The Orville", looking forward to it.
    Re star trek - if you watch any of the other ones it has it's high n lows.

I was watching a lot of TNG in-between the episodes of discovery - some great ones and some absolute buff.

Comment

Talking of Star Trek, the first episode of the new Black Mirror series (4, on Netflix) has a pretty good Star Trek thing going on, though being Black Mirror it also has a 'potential near future' aspect to it.

I did wonder 'WTF, am I watching the right show' when the episode first started. It's closer to a Star Trek Original Series spoof than The Orville.

Apparently the episode was so well received there's talk of a spin off show.

Not got round to watching the rest of the series yet, hopefully the quality will be maintained. Pisses all over that recent Electric Dreams show, probably.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Finished watching series 4 of Black Mirror. Another good set of episodes.

Surprised to spot several familiar filming locations, around the Okehampton area of west Dartmoor, during the Metalhead episode. I'll have to watch out for those dogs next time I'm over that way.

"Monkey needs a hug".

"Hang the DJ, Hang the DJ, ...". Never realised The Smiths did anything so catchy and not just their standard depressing stuff. Interesting dating app though. "Let's see how long we have for our date ... 1 year!" I'd be asking for the bill there and then. "36 hours" That's more like it.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
          I was really looking forward to the 4th Season of 'The Strain' but I found out that W dropped it, so I'm having to find it through alternative channels.

I've really enjoyed Star Trek Discovery and I'm looking forward to 'The Orville' which starts on the 14th on Fox.
          Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          I'm in two minds about Star Trek Discovery - I enjoy an episode and the next one is awful. Hope it's given a bit of time to get there. Same here for "The Orville", looking forward to it.
          The Orville is just rubbish.

I tried but meh....

Comment

Just started watching Counterpart (TV Series 2018) - IMDb

Not quite sure what it's about
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Anyone watched Altered Carbon yet? Had me on the edge of my seat. Really enjoyed it. One or two flashback episodes a bit slow but very relevant in the end. Gripping stuff.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Anyone watched Altered Carbon yet? Had me on the edge of my seat. Really enjoyed it. One or two flashback episodes a bit slow but very relevant in the end. Gripping stuff.
                Yep - finished it yesterday. A little far-fetched but then it's all about brain-swapping so maybe not. 7.5/10, not bad.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I couldn’t get into it at all, just seemed stale and predictable.

Funnily enough I didn’t finish the book either.

Comment

Altered Carbon is on my list for when I get chance to give it a go.

Walking Dead resumes on 26th Feb. Hope the 'all out war' finishes soon, Negan storyline dragging on and getting more ridiculous as it does so. Though I fear they'll be dragging out the 'coral' storyline too.

Other shows on the horizon that I'm looking forward to:

Jessica Jones season 2, 8th March

Silicon Valley season 5, 25th March

Edit: Billions season 3, also on 25th March

Westworld season 2, 22nd April
                    Last edited by Hobosapien; 16 February 2018, 14:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                      Yep - finished it yesterday. A little far-fetched but then it's all about brain-swapping so maybe not. 7.5/10, not bad.
                      Yeah and some of the programs that handle this level of out there thinking just get it so wrong. They try go over the top with the tech and it just becomes too unbelievable if that makes sense. I think they were pretty clever in this one which helped the watchability.

I had to bite my lip when the resistance were all wearing leather in a post apocalyptic style as usual though. Always get's my goat in any film that but it seems to be the accepted norm I guess.

I loved the people they cast for Kristin Ortega, Takashi and Miriam Bancroft though. Thought they were perfect and really added to the film.

Glad to see Joel Kinnanman playing Takashi as well. Thought he was great as Holder in 'The Killing'. Took me awhile to suss it was him though as it was such a different character.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X