• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Requirements management

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I don't remember O'Brien. Do you mean the one from 1984?
    He was the transporter operator on TNG then chief engineer on DS9.
    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
      Apart from the black. blind and celtic, that about sums me up.
      I do produce the goods in an impossibly short time frame after leading the client to believe it will take ages, thus enhancing my reputation beyond measure.
      You mean you blag it. Got you.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The problems Suity describes in this thread are one of the reasons I hate IT sometimes, and wonder why the hell I got into it in the first place.

The PM's, Dev's and Testers can be the best in the world, but when you have arseholes above them demanding certain dates, certain costs, and they won't be pinned down to deadlines, you just end up in a world of tulipe.

And who gets the blame - IT.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          The problems Suity describes in this thread are one of the reasons I hate IT sometimes, and wonder why the hell I got into it in the first place.

The PM's, Dev's and Testers can be the best in the world, but when you have arseholes above them demanding certain dates, certain costs, and they won't be pinned down to deadlines, you just end up in a world of tulipe.

And who gets the blame - IT.
          ..and this is basically what drove me into contracting. As a permie, this kind of environment can be extremely stressful - and if you are lucky you might get a 20% bonus at end of year for busting your balls to deliver in an environment where the goal posts are moving and the referee has an agenda that you don't know about. If this kind of thing happens when you are contracting you still walk in + out of the office in a reasonable mood because you know what you are getting out of it is a constant, aside from all the nonsense. Contracting helped my mental health.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
            ..and this is basically what drove me into contracting. As a permie, this kind of environment can be extremely stressful - and if you are lucky you might get a 20% bonus at end of year for busting your balls to deliver in an environment where the goal posts are moving and the referee has an agenda that you don't know about. If this kind of thing happens when you are contracting you still walk in + out of the office in a reasonable mood because you know what you are getting out of it is a constant, aside from all the nonsense. Contracting helped my mental health.
            Me too actually!

Specifically the fact that you don't get stuck on a dead end project for 5 years.

Comment

It's warming up now. F-Spec is finished, and the customer has one change request already.

Their project manager has summoned me and the consultancy's PM for a meeting on Monday to discuss the requirements gathering process.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                It's warming up now. F-Spec is finished, and the customer has one change request already.

Their project manager has summoned me and the consultancy's PM for a meeting on Monday to discuss the requirements gathering process.
                <Placeholder for 'They blamed Suity for the poor requirements documentation'>
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  <Placeholder for 'They blamed Suity for the poor requirements documentation'>
                  Bingo
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Bingo
                    How is the escape plan comming along
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Make sure you have your laptop with Outlook open at the meeting to show all the non responded to emails and documents.

Comment

Working...
                      X