• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Go - No Go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    By the sounds of it that quiet word should have been a fortnight ago.
    Now be fair!

MF can't possibly be expected to post bollocks on here, whinge via the rep system, shove charlie up his nose and manage a project.

Somethings gotta give!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Now be fair!

MF can't possibly be expected to post bollocks on here, whinge via the rep system, shove charlie up his nose and manage a project.

Somethings gotta give!
      Churchill, you're right.

Given that this is now day 27 and the work was supposed to take 10 days, that quiet word should have been 3 weeks ago.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
        I once found the Holy Grail too. Invoiced 90 hours in one week. Never did like daily rates.
        Oh I don't know. They work quite nicely if you have multiple concurrent contracts. Or if you invoice for a day where you worked for one hour.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Now be fair!

Somethings gotta give!
          'Another helping of double standards sir!! You've had quite alot all ready?'
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Churchill, you're right.

Given that this is now day 27 and the work was supposed to take 10 days, that quiet word should have been 3 weeks ago.
            Already had the word. He assured me he had it under control and because his bit is quite
            complex I petitioned for further days. Think he's taking the piss now.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Already had the word. He assured me he had it under control and because his bit is quite
              **** me, the smell of bullsh!t in this topic is stifling! FFS open a window!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Oh I don't know. They work quite nicely if you have multiple concurrent contracts. Or if you invoice for a day where you worked for one hour.
                Surely the holy grail is ongoing support agreements. 2 days a month year after year to support a system that never needs supporting because it was so well built and documented in the first place.

Comment

**** me, the smell of bullsh!t in this topic is stifling! FFS open a window!
                  'Another pint of bitter Churchill?'
                  'No thanks, I've had enough already'

Comment

Surely the holy grail is ongoing support agreements. 2 days a month year after year to support a system that never needs supporting because it was so well built and documented in the first place.
                    Just make sure the customer doesn't realise the fact, Shirley?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Here comes the chopper to.....

Ask him to start documenting everything NOW as you will need it in a couple of hours.

Oh and remember not to hit him on his way out.

Comment

Working...
                      X