• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Go - No Go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Surely the holy grail is ongoing support agreements. 2 days a month year after year to support a system that never needs supporting because it was so well built and documented in the first place.
    5 days.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Just make sure the customer doesn't realise the fact, Shirley?
      Some clients like the confidence that the expert is available at the end of the phone line.

Plus when I do make the annual visit the restaurant is rather good. I'm considering the Fat Duck again this year unless anyone else can recommend somewhere better.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      5 days.
      Depends on the rate. I think £15k for a year is reasonable for doing nothing apart from eating.
      Last edited by eek; 13 September 2011, 08:02.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Some clients like the confidence that the expert is available at the end of the phone line.

Please when I do make the annual visit the restaurant is rather good. I'm considering the Fat Duck again this year unless anyone else can recommend somewhere better.

Depends on the rate. I think £15k for a year is reasonable for doing nothing apart from eating.
        No wonder Threaded and SY01 are ******* minted!

Comment

Plus when I do make the annual visit the restaurant is rather good. I'm considering the Fat Duck again this year unless anyone else can recommend somewhere better.

It works out at 25k(Euros). There are some manual feeds into the system and ongoing 'support/dev'. Client kept shaving off automation costs and so ergo support costs went up. Pretty cool product actually, ETL is a bit cludgy.

Comment

It works out at 25k(Euros). There are some manual feeds into the system and ongoing 'support/dev'. Client kept shaving off automation costs and so ergo support costs went up. Pretty cool product actually, ETL is a bit cludgy.
            Like nature abhors a vacuum, this forum abhors a lack of bullsh!t. With Threaded departing I think a vote of thanks should be made for MF ably stepping in to the breach.

Jolly well done!

Btw, keep repeating your bollocks and we'll all start to believe it eventually.

Comment

Like nature abhors a vacuum, this forum abhors a lack of bullsh!t. With Threaded departing I think a vote of thanks should be made for MF ably stepping in to the breach.

Jolly well done!

What I find worrying is that it seems he has to do some actual work (shudder) for that money.

Comment

Jolly well done!

You are a keeper aren't you. You've obviously been dumped.

Look. I'm not going to be nasty. You're obviously having a bad time. Working away from home, on your own, dead end contract, no savings, people around you doing well, colleagues who think you're a twat, CUK posters who know you're a twat. Lack of success must be eating you up.

May I suggest a self help group or maybe try here Jealousy - Overcome Jealousy

You can turn it around Churchy, you can become a nice person. We're rooting for you.

Actually Suity, can you donate all the money you made on your last charity bike ride to the Churchill Self Help group?

Comment

Look. I'm not going to be nasty. You're obviously having a bad time. Working away from home, on your own, dead end contract, no savings, people around you doing well, colleagues who think you're a twat, CUK posters who know you're a twat. Lack of success must be eating you up.

You can turn it around Churchy, you can become a nice person. We're rooting for you.

Actually Suity, can you donate all the money you made on your last charity bike ride to the Churchill Self Help group?
                  That post says more about you than me.

Comment

He's currently in Belfast. So he is either at Citibank or working in the Public Sector. Either way we really should give him some slack as there is sod all there to do bar the cinema. Mind you if he has tickets to The Painkiller my wife will kill him as we can't get over there to see it.

That is unless he is working at the only other firm there that I know uses contractors in which case could I ask him to nut their dot net programmers for gross stupidity.

Comment

He's currently in Belfast. So he is either at Citibank or working in the Public Sector. Either way we really should give him some slack as there is sod all there to do bar the cinema. Mind you if he has tickets to The Painkiller my wife will kill him as we can't get over there to see it.

That is unless he is working at the only other firm there that I know uses contractors in which case could I ask him to nut their dot net programmers for gross stupidity.
                      The architect is Canadian - 'nuff said!

My housemates sister works at the Lyric...

Brian is suicidal. And why not? He’s Swindon’s seventeenth best news photographer, dresses in casualwear, and sings ‘Lady in Red’ as spiritual salvation. Oh, and his wife just left him. He decides there is only one escape from his pain.

Ralph is at ease with the world. And why not?

He’s the best there is, calls himself ‘John Smith’, dresses in Armani, and carries a Heckler and Koch PSG1 sniper rifle. But you’d never know. If forced to speak, he would say that he’s in the business of ‘pain removal’.

Two men. Two lonely hotel rooms. An adjoining door...

On any other day, Brian would have successfully ended things. On any other day, Ralph would
                      have successfully ended someone.

But not today... Today’s different...
                      Sounds like just another day on cuk...

Comment

Working...
                      X