• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Last Days...?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Last Days...?

Wow.... we truly are in the last days. This board alone confirms it.

2 Timothy 3
    Godlessness in the Last Days

1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

6They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. 8Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth—men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Shaving godliness never works - better when it's hairy. That Jehovah was great because of the mighty voice and the beardy stuff. If he had delivered the ten commandments clean shaven and with a voice like Julian Clary Moses would have rolled around laughing an refused to ghost write the bible without a much higher fee.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 13 April 2006, 07:18.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Chico - wind up merchant of the first order...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Chico

2 Timothy 3

1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.
        How did they know about Tony Blair in those days?
        -------------------------------------------------------------
        Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Solar Eclipse

Sola Sola won't you marry me

Comment

Originally posted by Chico

2 Timothy 3

6They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. 8Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth—men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.
          And how is this different than from any other time in the last 2,000 odd years? I see this as more of a precis of the human condition than any sort of prophecy.

Or are you the sort of knob who always sees uncannily relevant and personal assessments in newspaper horoscopes?

Comment

Now that's spooky

Originally posted by Cyber Controller
            Or are you the sort of knob who always sees uncannily relevant and personal assessments in newspaper horoscopes?
            How on earth did you manage to divine that from the few postings chico has made while you've been on the board? It's frighteningly accurate and I have to say I'm impressed.
            Hat's off to you sir, err, that is a hat you're wearing, isn't it?
            Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
              How on earth did you manage to divine that from the few postings chico has made while you've been on the board? It's frighteningly accurate and I have to say I'm impressed.
              Hat's off to you sir, err, that is a hat you're wearing, isn't it?
              Thank you, Dundeegeorge. I guess I have a hitherto unsuspected knack for character assessment (or assasination, maybe).

That "hat" is part of my religion, so don't diss it or I'll have to behead you.

Comment

Cyber Controller, you actually appeared to be making a sensible response to the blithering Chico in that first sentence. It really is a total waste of time. Glad to see you redeemed yourself in the second.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                  Cyber Controller, you actually appeared to be making a sensible response to the blithering Chico in that first sentence. It really is a total waste of time. Glad to see you redeemed yourself in the second.
                  I decided it was pointless to fight it and to go with the flow of the forum.

Next thing you know we'll have some Ice Warriors popping up. Knackers property prices in the area I can tell you.

Comment

What were those dodecahedron monsters called? Anyone remember?

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Mechonoid
                    Last edited by zeitghost; 10 February 2017, 11:06.

Comment

Working...
                    X