• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The Last Days...?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Last Days...?"

Collapse

• zeitghost
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Jack
    The Web Planet (with Martin Jarvis as one of the aforementioned butterflies, Captain Hilio).

No dodecahedrons in that one, but the enemy complex is called the Carcinome.
    They were called Mechanoids apparently, Cap'n Jack.

I've started a thread to celebrate their forgotten-ness...

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Mechonoid
    Last edited by zeitghost; 10 February 2017, 11:08.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Bitbucket

Cutting off his head with a blunt breadknife might work as a first 'try'
    Wouldn't make much difference.

Leave a comment:

• Bitbucket
    replied
    First signs of madness

In medieval times the reciting of bogus religious scripts was considered the first signs of madness , the solution was for mostly unqualified 'surgeons' to cut open the head of the perpitrator of such nonsense and release the demons within.

I think Chico is suffering from demons within , as fellows of the contractor sect we need to help him.

Cutting off his head with a blunt breadknife might work as a first 'try'

Leave a comment:

• Captain Jack
    replied
    The Web Planet (with Martin Jarvis as one of the aforementioned butterflies, Captain Hilio).

No dodecahedrons in that one, but the enemy complex is called the Carcinome.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Jack
    replied
    There were some guys in original Star Trek (the Kelvins from Andromeda) who could turn people into dodecahedrons using their belt utility thingies. Might you be thinking of that?

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    This was in the very early Hartnell eps, I think, possibly Troughton at the latest.

I've looked on various sites, but a dodecahedron monster I cannot find... more figments of my imagination or alzheimers...

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Mechonoid
    Last edited by zeitghost; 10 February 2017, 11:07.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    What were those dodecahedron monsters called? Anyone remember?
    I have to honest, my green lizard friend, I pride myself on my Dr Who knowledge and you have me stumped there.

There was an artefact called The Dodecahedron in "Meglos" (late Tom Baker), which was an ancient abandoned power array worshipped by some regressive types. That's as close as I can get.

Leave a comment:

• Cyber Controller
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    Well it was that or Veritas
    Respect, maybe?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    Damn, is it that obvious?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveB
    Ah, you're UKIP then

LOL

Well it was that or Veritas

Leave a comment:

• Cyber Controller
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    "If you want a Dalek for a neighbour, vote Liberal or Liebour"...
    Bang goes the neighbourhood.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Damn, is it that obvious?

Originally posted by DaveB
    Ah, you're UKIP then
    LOL

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    Some ******* species! I don't know why I bother, you try to be nice, you try to get along and then they throw that at you, come on get your self out here now, you b*st*rd. I'll give you L*b-*******-D*m, you tw*t.

Ah, you're UKIP then

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Right, outside now, you're claimed

Originally posted by Cyber Controller
    Are you a LibDem by any chance?
    Some ******* species! I don't know why I bother, you try to be nice, you try to get along and then they throw that at you, come on get your self out here now, you b*st*rd. I'll give you L*b-*******-D*m, you tw*t.

Leave a comment:

• Cyber Controller
    replied
    Are you a LibDem by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    No no no no no

Originally posted by Cyber Controller
    Is it becoz I is green - is that what you're saying? Try being all high and mighty when it's your daughter going out with one.
    Come on, you've got to embrace diversity, you've got to 'allow other species to explore and express their own cultural identity'. Remember we have many things to learn from other species, and their civilisation may seem light-years behind yours but still theirs is at least as valid, if not more so than yours.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X