• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MX-5 for daily commute?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make a photo of it whilst holding print out of this thread in large letters and current newspaper, then - maybe - I'll believe you

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Make a photo of it whilst holding print out of this thread in large letters and current newspaper, then - maybe - I'll believe you
      AtW, you carry on in your jealous little world, shagging squirrels in your lonely little bedsit.

I never thought I'd say this but I wish MF would come back and put you back in your box.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        AtW, you carry on in your jealous little world, shagging squirrels in your lonely little bedsit.

I prefer Range Rover Sport

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I prefer Range Rover Sport
          Had one, nice car.

CM liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by moder8or View Post
            Turned up in my mx5 and the whole office gawped out of the window, snivvelled, even the sales manager bawked, daily moans about who I thought I was, sideways sneers about what my rate was, then within 6 months my contract was ended
            God knows what if I turned up in the porche, so I never risked it
            Wow. One of reasons I was thinking about the MX-5 is value for money. My main concern would be putting up with all the suggestions that I ought to be working in a hair salon or somesuch :-)

But seriously, I would imagine most company car parks would have plenty of cars more expensive than an MX-5, no? As it happens I'd consider a Porsche too, but out of my price range but don't really want the hassle of a really old one. That said I can see why a Porsche would go down the wrong way on some client sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Torrango View Post
              Wow. One of reasons I was thinking about the MX-5 is value for money. My main concern would be putting up with all the suggestions that I ought to be working in a hair salon or somesuch :-)

But seriously, I would imagine most company car parks would have plenty of cars more expensive than an MX-5, no? As it happens I'd consider a Porsche too, but out of my price range but don't really want the hassle of a really old one. That said I can see why a Porsche would go down the wrong way on some client sites.
              I'd have an MX-5 tomorrow, if the other half would let me.

Comment

I keep hearing the MX5 is wonderful but to me it looks so girly. Suppose it doesn't matter, but...
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I keep hearing the MX5 is wonderful but to me it looks so girly. Suppose it doesn't matter, but...
                  Here's a thought for you, "You buy an MX-5 to drive, you can't see the outside of the car when you're pootling along the country lanes short-shifting and listening to the sound of the engine and feeling the wind in your toupe"!

Hth.

Comment

It's not even that good a car. A motoring magazine did a comparison of warm hatches (Suzuki Swift, Clio, Corsa, etc) on a race track and threw in a similarly priced new MX-5 as a comparison. MX-5 was last on the lap times, because it is so slow and doesn't handle as well a good front drive hatch.

MX-5 is overrated and very slow. A diesel Mondeo will see you off on a country road.

So it's is cramped, no luggage space, noisy, very slow and looks very girly. Don't see the appeal myself.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      It's not even that good a car. A motoring magazine did a comparison of warm hatches (Suzuki Swift, Clio, Corsa, etc) on a race track and threw in a similarly priced new MX-5 as a comparison. MX-5 was last on the lap times, because it is so slow and doesn't handle as well a good front drive hatch.

MX-5 is overrated and very slow. A diesel Mondeo will see you off on a country road.

So it's is cramped, no luggage space, noisy, very slow and looks very girly. Don't see the appeal myself.
                      Linky?

Comment

Working...
                      X