• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MX-5 for daily commute?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Capris and BMWs? Yes I had the sideways experience with both about 30 years ago.

Admit it. You've never driven an MX-5 on a twisty country road, have you?

Probably not a Morris Minor either. They were great fun in their day.
    Do you remember my analogy about the spastic and the cricket bat?

Comment

I've had BMW's (lots including M's) and some Jap turbo nutters (MR-2 turbo, 300ZX turbo, Toyota Supra turbo).

All brilliant because they had cracking powerful engines, went like clappers and looked good. All RWD too.

Comment

I have driven a number of cars in this bracket, mostly belonging to chums or as test drives.

Although the MX falls down in a number of categories it is a clear winner in VFM. Pound for pound nothing comes close and unless you are going to use it on track or are very impressive on twisties then you probably will not notice any performance issues.
        Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          No problem.

Without first hand knowledge, but just by looking at the facts I can see that DimPrawn is:

Slow
          Not very nice to look at
          Cramped
          Impractical
          Noisy
          Very effeminate
          FTFY
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            Admit it. You've never driven an MX-5 on a twisty country road, have you?

Dim's never driven anything on a country road.
            But he's been seen in his trackies and gold chain, in a 10 year old BMW with tinted windows, bass bumping, going round the Swindon roundabout on his way to KFC with his bruvs.
            He thinks he's well cool, innit.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Dim's never driven anything on a country road.
              But he's been seen in his trackies and gold chain, in a 10 year old BMW with tinted windows, bass bumping, going round the Swindon roundabout on his way to KFC with his bruvs.
              He thinks he's well cool, innit.
              Come down the hood and say that, me homies will sort you out, innit?

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                I have driven a number of cars in this bracket, mostly belonging to chums or as test drives.

Although the MX falls down in a number of categories it is a clear winner in VFM. Pound for pound nothing comes close and unless you are going to use it on track or are very impressive on twisties then you probably will not notice any performance issues.
                So a Honda S2000, Z4 3.0 or a VX220 don't match up to your little car?

People will be laughing at you as your wheeze along at 70 on the motorway and struggle up hills.

Comment

MX5 is great for daily commute if you work at Mazda garage.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    MX5 is great for daily commute if you work at Mazda garage.

HTH
                    Are they not very reliable?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      People will be laughing at you as your wheeze along at 70 on the motorway and struggle up hills.
                      I'm sorry Dim, but people will always laugh and point at you, whatever car you drive.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X