• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MX-5 for daily commute?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You'll be toodling along [snip]

Yes, but these cars are not about motorway driving. The VX is noisy and unrefined on motorways.
    Like I said earlier most other cars in this class will beat the Mazda in all test categories, they are more powerful, faster and handle better. All carry more kudos.
    If you want a back roads toy then the Mazda is a pretty good choice. It's lack of ability in some categories make it a better contender. You are a lot less likely to run out of road or talent with it.

IT IS DIRT CHEAP COMPARED TO THE REST OF THE CARS IN ITS CLASS.
    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

I prefer the look of the VX-220 it is more manly and much rarer than an Elise.
      Did you buy that SLK or not?

Re: http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-am-i-gay.html

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
        Yes, but these cars are not about motorway driving. The VX is noisy and unrefined on motorways.
        Like I said earlier most other cars in this class will beat the Mazda in all test categories, they are more powerful, faster and handle better. All carry more kudos.
        If you want a back roads toy then the Mazda is a pretty good choice. It's lack of ability in some categories make it a better contender. You are a lot less likely to run out of road or talent with it.

IT IS DIRT CHEAP COMPARED TO THE REST OF THE CARS IN ITS CLASS.
        £5K will get you a FSH S2000 and a VX-220. Why would I want the MX-5? What possible reason?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Fook orf!

Gay little car!

Comment

I prefer the look of the VX-220 it is more manly and much rarer than an Elise.
            If you looked more like a man in the first place rather than a limp-wristed girl, you wouldn't worry too much about what car you drove.

HTH
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

£5K will get you a FSH S2000 and a VX-220. Why would I want the MX-5? What possible reason?
              For the same price and with the same FSH the Mazda will be 4-5 years old not 10-11 and will have 25-35K on the clock not 70-90.
              The Mazda is a lot less likely to have been thrashed to death either.
              The S2000 is bugger all use if you are of average height or taller. VX not far different.
              Just saying like.

Comment

£5K will get you a VX-220.
                Just checked on Autotrader and you're right. They are an absolute bargain.

Must be all the badge snobs saying it's a poor man's Elise.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post

Some people get them debadged. No make or model on it. Most people then don't have clue what it is (or that it only cost you £5K).

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post

Cracking motor. Shared the Lotus chassis. Was a better package than the Elsie early on.
                    Just saying like.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                      The S2000 is bugger all use if you are of average height or taller. VX not far different.
                      Not a problem for Dim as he is short, tubby and bald. He usually drives his pimped up 10 year old Beemer sitting on a plumped up cushion.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X