• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extra Time Booked On Timesheet When Not Worked - Would You Correct

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are ever unsure what to do, ever in doubt about the rights or wrongs, just imagine that your dad was looking over your shoulder

what would your dad say deludedaussie ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      If you are ever unsure what to do, ever in doubt about the rights or wrongs, just imagine that your dad was looking over your shoulder

what would your dad say deludedaussie ?

"Steel the sheep son and don't get caught like I did, it takes a long time to get to Australia"
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I did that for six weeks in a contract earlier on in the year. Had an electronic one and had filled it in , Tue - Sat by accident, then each week copied it over and changed the date. I got paid for five days regardless as the PM signed each one off, and then when we having lunch he just said 'Why don't you work Mon - Friday like the rest of us and stop coming in on at the weekend ;-) "

Well bearing in mind where you sit on the bipolar spectrum, such behaviour would not be out of character MF.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy.
          Quite right, they are less likely to notice when you fiddle them next time.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Own up to the mistake and pay it back.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Own up and offer to work a day for nothing. As others have said, it's not worth getting the can for a days pay. Mistakes happen - You won't be the first or last, but it looks a lot better if you tell them rather than them think you are nicking a days pay.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Own up and pay back, you never know your manager might check or have to answer a query, and then you might be for the high jump.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Project managers, team leaders, etc are very easily confused, and hence duped. Just tell him that you booked last Saturday by mistake, so need to take this Friday off as paid leave to compensate.

Comment

If you're happy with committing a criminal offence, go right ahead.

If you'd like to have an extension on the contract - I'd do as others have suggested and offer to work a day without pay or cough up. It's not likely a client would have you charged with a very easily proven fraud, but they'd certainly strike you off the books.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                      If you're happy with committing a criminal offence, go right ahead.

If you'd like to have an extension on the contract - I'd do as others have suggested and offer to work a day without pay or cough up. It's not likely a client would have you charged with a very easily proven fraud, but they'd certainly strike you off the books.
                      Indeed, as a PM I'd certainly notice the booking and without a convincing and clear explanation at the least come renewal time you would be gone, but if you were less than ideal already it would be the perfect excuse to get rid instantly.

Comment

Working...
                      X