• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Extra Time Booked On Timesheet When Not Worked - Would You Correct"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
    I took this sound advice and kept my mouth shut - This week I ve put down both Saturday and Sunday (And its been signed by a Welsh line manager)
    Mock if you will, but I'd trust a Welsh Line Manager further than I'd trust an Aussie. We didn't ship your sort to the other side of the planet for nothing you know!

Leave a comment:

• DeludedAussie
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Quite right, they are less likely to notice when you fiddle them next time.
    I took this sound advice and kept my mouth shut - This week I ve put down both Saturday and Sunday (And its been signed by a Welsh line manager)

Leave a comment:

• landl
    replied
    All depends. If the value you place on your reputation is equivalent to a day's pay, go for it.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    If you're happy with committing a criminal offence, go right ahead.

If you'd like to have an extension on the contract - I'd do as others have suggested and offer to work a day without pay or cough up. It's not likely a client would have you charged with a very easily proven fraud, but they'd certainly strike you off the books.
    Indeed, as a PM I'd certainly notice the booking and without a convincing and clear explanation at the least come renewal time you would be gone, but if you were less than ideal already it would be the perfect excuse to get rid instantly.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    If you're happy with committing a criminal offence, go right ahead.

If you'd like to have an extension on the contract - I'd do as others have suggested and offer to work a day without pay or cough up. It's not likely a client would have you charged with a very easily proven fraud, but they'd certainly strike you off the books.

Leave a comment:

• Normie
    replied
    Project managers, team leaders, etc are very easily confused, and hence duped. Just tell him that you booked last Saturday by mistake, so need to take this Friday off as paid leave to compensate.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Own up and pay back, you never know your manager might check or have to answer a query, and then you might be for the high jump.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Own up and offer to work a day for nothing. As others have said, it's not worth getting the can for a days pay. Mistakes happen - You won't be the first or last, but it looks a lot better if you tell them rather than them think you are nicking a days pay.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Own up to the mistake and pay it back.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy.
    Quite right, they are less likely to notice when you fiddle them next time.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I did that for six weeks in a contract earlier on in the year. Had an electronic one and had filled it in , Tue - Sat by accident, then each week copied it over and changed the date. I got paid for five days regardless as the PM signed each one off, and then when we having lunch he just said 'Why don't you work Mon - Friday like the rest of us and stop coming in on at the weekend ;-) "

Well bearing in mind where you sit on the bipolar spectrum, such behaviour would not be out of character MF.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    If you are ever unsure what to do, ever in doubt about the rights or wrongs, just imagine that your dad was looking over your shoulder

what would your dad say deludedaussie ?

"Steel the sheep son and don't get caught like I did, it takes a long time to get to Australia"

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    If you are ever unsure what to do, ever in doubt about the rights or wrongs, just imagine that your dad was looking over your shoulder

what would your dad say deludedaussie ?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    And you did that why?
    I did that for six weeks in a contract earlier on in the year. Had an electronic one and had filled it in , Tue - Sat by accident, then each week copied it over and changed the date. I got paid for five days regardless as the PM signed each one off, and then when we having lunch he just said 'Why don't you work Mon - Friday like the rest of us and stop coming in on at the weekend ;-) "

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Dishonesty can become a habit and come back to bite your on the arse later. .
    "Someone deleted the batch file on Saturday, who was here?"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X