• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fed up with rising gas and electricity prices?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think one has to read the technical details to know that something that violates the basic laws of conservation is unlikely to be anything but a con.

Initally I thought it meant vacuum literally, a big long tube that you poke up into outer space and the vacuum sucks up the air turning a small impeller to drive the generator. That would work.

A balloon on a very long string that you sent up into the slipstream would be a good idea too, the string turns a winch to power the dynamo. When you come to the end of the string, a signal releases the ballon and you send up another, which also rewinds your first bit of string. And the signal could deflate the balloon so you could reuse that too.

Of course if NASA had had the sense to tie a piece of string to the moon when they were up there that would have been even better; it could have towed a big train round and round the earth with no electricity cost at all.

PS Lots of articles quoted, not same as participants. They seem to be real enough. Whether the right conclusions are drawn is another matter.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 19 March 2006, 18:13.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
    X