• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Dont worry about it sweety, carry on baiting them, its fun to wind them up. Throw in a couple of indeffensible points and see who ends up ranting while you pop off for a chablis at lunch.
    You saddo IT geek. Do you have to resort to an IT forum to pick up women?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

[QUOTE=sasguru]
      Originally posted by janey

So what you're saying is that your "point of view" is as valid as all the great scientists who laid down the basics of statistical theory and practice. In other words, they were wrong and you're right and statistics is useless.

Wow! This is a real mathematical breakthrough. I think it's known as a paradigm shift. When are you going to collect the Nobel prize that is undoubtedly due to you?
      what I am saying is that I have studied statistics as well as having used them in a practical sense. I know that, if used correctly, they can produce meaningful results. however, in an awful lot of cases they are reported incorrectly and misleadingly. I also know that it is very easy to skew results to your desired outcome.

don't be patronising... it's not big and it's not clever. We were having a sensible conversation and you have to debase it with sarcasm... hmmm yes really adds strength to your argument
      "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
        You saddo IT geek. Do you have to resort to an IT forum to pick up women?
        ROFLMAO. Oi!!!! I resemble that remark.
        I also have profiles on adultfriendfinder and alt.com. But dont tell the wife.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

[QUOTE=The Lone Gunman]
          Originally posted by janey
          This is a recurring theme with some posters here, its amazing, the things you learn about what you think/know/dont know.
          tis funny also that when you tell them your point of view is as valid as theirs they then turn to insults and sarcasm...

Comment

Are you a Statistican Jane? Would you listen to someone that was?

Dont worry about it sweety, carry on baiting them, its fun to wind them up. Throw in a couple of indeffensible points and see who ends up ranting while you pop off for a chablis at lunch.
            I think we have already had the indefensible point that statistics as a science is rubbish. Time to throw away all that quality control bunkum, all that agricultural research rubbish, all those medicines, all those experimental designs, all those epidemilogical studies, Bird flu? what a load of rubbish, just take some paracetemol.
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 15 March 2006, 13:26.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

[QUOTE=janey]

tis funny also that when you tell them your point of view is as valid as theirs they then turn to insults and sarcasm...
              Sigh....
              Still don't get the point, eh?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by alser20
                68% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
                Much much Kudos to you. LMFAO.

and big up Janey for contributing consistently to one thread without getting her boobs out!
                Founder Member of the 'I love Janey' Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                  I think we have already had the indefensible point that statistics as a science is rubbish. Time to throw away all that quality control bunkum, all that agricultural research rubbish, all those medicines, all those experimental designs, all those epidemilogical studies, Bird flu? what a load of rubbish, just take some paracetemol.
                  Quite...
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                    Are you a Statistican Jane? Would you listen to someone that was?

hmmm distorting an argument to suit your point of view... wouldn't be a statistician would you?

Comment

Originally posted by Sputnik
                      Much much Kudos to you. LMFAO.

and big up Janey for contributing consistently to one thread without getting her boobs out!
                      I'm determined that at least one of the threads I contribute to won't end up in light relief!

Comment

Working...
                      X