• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by janey
    ok?
    enough already?

I'm not at all saying that the statistical calcualtions are wrong or that they don't mean anything, I am talking about how people USE statisitics
    Well you are on an IT geeks site you know. You must know that we're all pedants and sticklers for accuracy
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      Well you are on an IT geeks site you know. You must know that we're all pedants and sticklers for accuracy
      me too... I would expect people to actually READ what I've said rather than make assumptions
      "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Originally posted by janey
        me too... I would expect people to actually READ what I've said rather than make assumptions

I did read what you said, and agree with some of it. Some of it was wrong, having studied the subject to Masters level and working in that area for years I have some knowledge of how the subject slots together. As with a lot of people on Bulletin Boards you take critism as a personal afront even if it's a domain where you are not an expert. I am not just picking on you.
        Personally I like to remain open minded in any area where I do not practice. If someone has experience in that area I listen to what they have to say I am not concieted enough to extrapolate a little knowledge I have gained in an area to the whole of the subject.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
          I did read what you said, and agree with some of it. Some of it was wrong, having studied the subject to Masters level and working in that area for years I have some knowledge of how the subject slots together. As with a lot of people on Bulletin Boards you take critism as a personal afront even if it's a domain where you are not an expert. I am not just picking on you.
          Personally I like to remain open minded in any area where I do not practice. If someone has experience in that area I listen to what they have to say I am not concieted enough to extrapolate a little knowledge I have gained in an area to the whole of the subject.
          C'mon BagAPussy! A little bit too earnest, aren't we? You won't score with our Janey like that
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
            C'mon BagAPussy! A little bit too earnest, aren't we? You won't score with our Janey like that
            Hate to disappoint you SAS, but I've got a partner and I regularly see her breasts.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I haven't taken anything as a personal afront at all... believe me my life just ain't that sad. However it does annoy me when people who are claiming to be "experts" have to resort to being patronising and sacrastic when someone argues against their opinion.
              "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Hate to disappoint you SAS, but I've got a partner and I regularly see her breasts.
                For the record, I regularly see Bagpuss' partner's breasts as well (I'm not sure he knows about it though).

Comment

And it only costs him £50 a time
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Does the frequency of your seeing her breasts follow a Poisson distribution?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                      For the record, I regularly see Bagpuss' partner's breasts as well (I'm not sure he knows about it though).
                      Bloody hell Bagpuss. You haven't married David Contractors mum, have you?
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X