• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru
    If you don't know, there's no point explaining.
    "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

[QUOTE=janey]
      I have learned about statistics and I still wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.
      QUOTE]

No, you have learnt about the missuse of statistics. As a science it's as valid as any other.

Would you also write this statement?
      I have learned about science and I still wouldn't trust scientists as far as I could throw them.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Did someone mention clinical testing?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4808836.stm
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

[QUOTE=Bagpuss]
          Originally posted by janey
          I have learned about statistics and I still wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.
          QUOTE]

No, you have learnt about the missuse of statistics. As a science it's as valid as any other.

Would you also write this statement?
          I have learned about science and I still wouldn't trust scientists as far as I could throw them.
          er no I have learned about statistics.
          please don't try and tell me what I do and don't know just because you don't agree with my point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
            Did someone mention clinical testing?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4808836.stm
            look what you start you!

Comment

Originally posted by janey
              look what you start you!
              Dont worry about it sweety, carry on baiting them, its fun to wind them up. Throw in a couple of indeffensible points and see who ends up ranting while you pop off for a chablis at lunch.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

[QUOTE=janey]
                Originally posted by Bagpuss

please don't try and tell me what I do and don't know just because you don't agree with my point of view.
                So what you're saying is that your "point of view" is as valid as all the great scientists who laid down the basics of statistical theory and practice. In other words, they were wrong and you're right and statistics is useless.

Wow! This is a real mathematical breakthrough. I think it's known as a paradigm shift. When are you going to collect the Nobel prize that is undoubtedly due to you?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

68% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                    Dont worry about it sweety, carry on baiting them, its fun to wind them up. Throw in a couple of indeffensible points and see who ends up ranting while you pop off for a chablis at lunch.
                    mmmm wine

gimme

Comment

[QUOTE=janey]
                      Originally posted by Bagpuss

This is a recurring theme with some posters here, its amazing, the things you learn about what you think/know/dont know.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Working...
                      X