• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rangers and Celtic; who's best?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

This is what a Rangers fan printed in the London Times...
    Spiers is many things, most wouldn't get past the swear filter.

He most certainly is not a Rangers fan though. Like that ****wit Donegal Phil he is as one sided as they come. Slanted

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    When you can provide a link to any occasion when UEFA have taken action against Celtic and their fans over their misdemeanours on the road, and contrast that with the litany of vandalism that is routinely perpetrated by the thugs that follow Rangers, then we can talk.
    Well you did ask:

Uefa has confirmed it is examining footage appearing to show Celtic supporters involved in sectarian chanting in Barcelona earlier this month.

Several videos have been brought to the European football governing body's attention, leading to an investigation being opened which could result in disciplinary action being taken against the Scottish champions.

A spokesman for Uefa confirmed that the footage included chanting outside and inside the Camp Nou, including the "fan zone" designated for Celtic fans, as thousands of supporters of the Glaswegian club arrived in Barcelona for the Champions League last-16 tie on March 4.

Uefa said that it had footage of Celtic fans singing sectarian songs denouncing the Queen and supporting the IRA. The footage involves a small minority of supporters chanting the banned songs; however Uefa stressed that all incidents were unacceptable.

"We take care of all manifestations of sectarian singing," said a Uefa spokesman. "The only condition is that it must be in the immediate surrounding area of the stadium. There was alleged sectarian singing inside the stadium. If the investigation is conclusive, then a disciplinary case would be opened."
    Football: Celtic face censure over Camp Nou chants | Football | guardian.co.uk

I did try and find more, wasn't much out there though, it's like your lot haven't been in Europe for a while.

Anyway I'm not going to get involved in this because neither side will ever see it from the other. We sing naughty sectarian/racist songs, they sing naughty political/sectarian/racist songs.

Take your pick.
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

"Who's best?"

"John, you're immortal now"

That is all I need
      Yes, one of the immortals, of course, he's dead now.............
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Lifted from the madness that is followfollow this post sticks out in the madness.
        Hilarious, you're obsessed. As well as a
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

FOLLOWING media reports claiming that UEFA has launched an investigation into the behaviour of some supporters during their recent visit to Barcelona, Celtic has released the following statement.

“Celtic Football Club has not been informed of any UEFA investigation concerning our visit to Barcelona and would be surprised if any was to take place.

“Indeed, Celtic supporters have already been praised highly by UEFA for their behaviour and were also applauded by FC Barcelona, the Catalan police, the people of the city and the Catalan media.

“Celtic Football Club states quite clearly that as a club open to all, it stands firmly against all forms of bigotry and sectarianism. This can be seen from the great volume of work which Celtic carries out in this area.

“The club condemns any small minority who choose to indulge in any form of negative or offensive behaviour.

“As a club open to all since 1888, Celtic once again re-iterates its commitment to combatting any form of bigotry or unacceptable conduct."

So in fact UEFA, having examined the footage, decided that Celtic had no case to answer.

Originally posted by Incognito View Post

I did try and find more, wasn't much out there though, it's like your lot haven't been in Europe for a while.
          Apart from this season of course, and indeed every season for the last umpteen years too. The reason that you won't find much mud to sling out there is because there is none.
          You no doubt stumbled across THIS little gem though.......................

UEFA honour Celtic supporters with special Fair Play award - Herald Scotland | Sport | SPL | Aberdeen

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
            Spiers is many things, most wouldn't get past the swear filter.

He most certainly is not a Rangers fan though. Like that ****wit Donegal Phil he is as one sided as they come. Slanted
            Met Spiers on a couple of occasions and I can vouch for his rangers supporting credentials. He is pretty open about his hatred of what the rangers fans have become.

Comment

Dropped in this post on page 2

Rangers in the UEFA Cup...

Celtic in the UEFA Cup got us the UEFA fair play award

Comment

Been a good few years since the last white Knight

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  I'll give you a clue. Many members of the Irish Republican Brotherhood going back through the ages have been Protestant.

In the eighteenth century the first attempt towards Irish home rule with little influence from London was led by the Irish Patriot Party in the 1770s and 1780s, inspired by Henry Grattan.

The Age of Revolution inspired Protestants such as Wolfe Tone, Thomas Russell, Henry Joy McCracken, William Orr, Lord Edward Fitzgerald, The Sheares Brothers, Archibald Hamilton Rowan, Valentine Lawless and others who led the United Irishmen movement. At its first meeting on October 14, 1791, all attendees, minus Tone and Russell (two Anglicans) were Presbyterians. Presbyterians, led by McCracken, James Napper Tandy and Neilson would later go on to lead Protestant and Catholic Irish rebels in the Irish Rebellion of 1798. Tone did manage to unite if only for a short time, at least, some Protestants, Catholics and Dissenters into the "common name of Irishmen", and would later go on to try to get French support for the rising, recalling the failed French Bantry Bay landing of 1796.

At that time, the French republicans were opposed to all churches. Such men were inspired by Tom Paine of the American Revolution, who disapproved of organized religions in The Age of Reason (1794–95) and preferred a deist belief. Though the United Irish movement was supported by individual priests, the Roman Catholic hierarchy was opposed to it, in part because its new seminary in Maynooth had been funded by the government in 1795.

During the 1798 rebellion the military leaders were also largely Anglicans. After the initial battles in County Kildare the rebels holding out in the Bog of Allen were led by William Aylmer. In Antrim and Down the rebels were almost all Presbyterians, and at the Battle of Ballynahinch the local Defenders decided not to take part. In County Wexford, which remained out of British control for a month, the main planner and leader was Bagenal Harvey. Joseph Holt led the rebels in County Wicklow. Only in Mayo, where there were few Protestants, was the rebellion led entirely by Catholics, and it only developed because of the landing by a French force under General Humbert. The disarming of Ulster saw several hundred Protestants, tortured, executed and imprisoned for their United Irish sympathies. The rebellion became the main reason for the Act of Union passed in 1800.

You see? As we would say, "If you know your History!"
                  Did you just copy a Wikipedia post verbatim ;o)
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Been a good few years since the last white Knight

Ah the days when you lot were out foxed by a Gay Italian Dwarf
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      Rangers:

52 League Titles, 33 Scottish Cup, 27 League Cups and 1 Cup Winners Cup

Celtic:

42 League Titles, 34 Scottish Cups, 14 League Cups and 1 European Cup

Ask a Celtic fan and they will say they are the best, but then again they would be wrong
                      Have both teams been up and running for an equal length of time? It's important to know, seeing as if one's beeing running for longer it's had more chance to win trophies.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X