• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rangers and Celtic; who's best?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    As its finishing time for the day I shall leave you with one question.

As the original thread was "Who's best?" Rather than copy and paste comments on how bad we are, how about giving some evidence as to why YOU think you are the best?

I fear I may already have made this difficult for you as I pointed out that Celtic have won the European Cup where as Rangers had to settle for the Cup Winners Cup, but as a season ticket holder I am sure you can think of something positive about your club rather than someting negative about ours.
    "Who's best?"

"John, you're immortal now"

That is all I need

Comment

I am pretty honest about my thoughts on the IRA. Was the armed struggle necessary? probably. Did it make a difference? Impossible to say. Do I know every word of these songs?, Every Word. Are they sectarian? not a fuggin chance.

THe RIRA killed a catholic the other day and have spoken before about my hatred of these thugs, they are bombing to get nothing that can be offered. But what the Rangers fans sign week in week out is shocking. Catholics, Irish, the Pope, paedophiles. THis ain't the first time they have been brought up on these charges.

Comment

Looks like it might be a 3 game ban with 100,000 fine

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Piffle! Small potatoes after the Whyte Knight completes his Gasquillion Pound Takeover!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Link?
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Looks like it is going past the PSV game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                Link?
                BBC on Reporting Scotland stated that.

Comment

BBC on Reporting Scotland stated that.
                  <snigger>
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    <snigger>

It is looking really bad for them this time, a book in Zurich has been launched and is expecting to hit Ibrox.

Comment

Lifted from the madness that is followfollow this post sticks out in the madness.

Originally Posted by bilkobear
                      There can be any number of defences regarding this chant.

Given the very unique conditions of the Scottish Protestant Reformation one could argue that Scotland was defined as a nation by its very defiance towards the all powerful European political super entity that was and still is the Church of Rome.

That, songs denying and defying the possible re-encroachment of this nakedly ambitious and grasping imperialist power are still part of the ethnic Scottish protestant culture, may be unsavoury to some, and maybe even repugnant to many, they nonetheless form a historical and traditional glue that identifies and helps to redefine who the Scots have been and to some extent for some wish to remain in the modern world.

Scotland and its Protestant tradition are very much a minority interest in a greater European sea that is at its enormous heart Roman Catholic.
                      It is us and our culture that is the minority one under threat here.

We should be playing the persecuted minority card, which in truth belongs more to us than those new neighbours who have infiltrated our land.We are the Red Indians here, and it is our Ghost Dance and chants that have offended those who wish to steal our lands.

Of course we could also argue that any chant against the Pope of Rome is nothing other than political as evidenced by the recent claim to the Scots that this monster is a Head of State.
                      I am sure if there was a complaint of discriminatory chanting against The Queen as head of the Church of England, it would soon be pointed out that it was political and against her as a head of the British State.

I could go on.

Of course we won't so argue.
                      We will instead accept the allegations put against us and our support.
                      We will accept that our enemies have articulated who we are and in what background our existence will be tolerated in a hostile Europe.
                      We will merely argue that as bad as we indeed are, the club have done everything and more to put a stop to us.

Soon there will be no Protestants at all and of course as predicted by Cardinal Winning, Glasgow will become a Roman Catholic city.

Through the smoke and flames one can just about make out our enemies laughing behind their cannons.

Comment

Working...
                      X