• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things I want to know

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to now why somebody clever can't invent a way of suppressing spray from lorries on a wet road. When I pass these f<ckers I'm using the force to stay in the correct lane.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      I want to now why somebody clever can't invent a way of suppressing spray from lorries on a wet road. When I pass these f<ckers I'm using the force to stay in the correct lane.
      Buy a ******* faster car then! Sheesh!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Buy a ******* faster car then! Sheesh!
        Always some knob like you in front
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Always some knob like you in front
          Do you drive at 100 mph as well. Cool.

Comment

Do you drive at 100 mph as well. Cool.
            Not any more in my new Nissan Note
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Not any more in my new Nissan Note

Comment

Leave out the hat and you've got it.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  I've just entertained myself by typing 'do farts' into google and seeing what the top suggested searches are. Am giggling like a schoolboy now.
                  Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  I had to try that for myself. Is there a way to increase the number of suggestions?
                  I, for one, am glad that doodab had the opportunity to google "do farts" before he died.

I wonder if the auto-suggests now are the same as they were then?

Comment

Neutral is locally grounded, so it's the same thing
                    How come the mains breakers trip out if there is even a minor short to ground?
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

It measures the current difference between live & neutral. If live & neutral have different currents then it has to be going somewhere you don't want it to.

even very small differences will make it trip. Which is good as a small difference will kill you.

Residual-current device - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X