• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jazz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I think drugs might help. Kerouac made jazz seem amazing in On the Road, but he was off his tits on Benzedrine.
    Hitler was off his tits of Benzedrine. Does not make the third Reich palatable.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

I'm no jazz fan but I think comparing it to the Third Reich is a bit of a stretch.

Comment

+50 Godwin points.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

I'm no jazz fan but I think comparing it to the Third Reich is a bit of a stretch.
          I know, just thought it was a funny quip.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            +50 Godwin points.
            "we know he killed 50 million but his dogs were fed well and they never suffered" The UK Alsatian club owner said yesterday as he unveiled a plaque to Adolf Hitler.

Suity from Tottenham said "it is true, he bombed us, Klinsman's dad was a pilot during the war but C G H D C E is acceptable"

Comment

"we know he killed 50 million but his dogs were fed well and they never suffered" The UK Alsatian club owner said yesterday as he unveiled a plaque to Adolf Hitler.
              They did when he tested his suicide cyanide pills on his Alsation and her puppy.

Edit: as for 'fed well', I'm not sure Alsations are meant to be one of the breeds where you can see the ribs. Picture.
              Last edited by RichardCranium; 7 February 2011, 20:46.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                It provides a technically intricate but soulless form of music
                I thought the whole point of Jazz was it was the opposite of soulless. Famous jazz musicians on TV seem to generally be much more involved with the emotional side of their music than rock bands who try hard to look like they couldn't care less.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I thought the whole point of Jazz was it was the opposite of soulless. Famous jazz musicians on TV seem to generally be much more involved with the emotional side of their music than rock bands who try hard to look like they couldn't care less.
                  Yes, but there's also a "contemplative" rambling style of quiet "background" jazz, without all the pizazz (or indeed without any).

It's the kind they play at 2am on Radio 2 or somewhere like that, even Radio 3 sometimes (and boy does it send one to sleep )
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The 'point' of jazz is the same 'point' as all other music genres.

You either like it or you don't. I like it a lot:

Jazz was originally a breakaway from the 'rules' of classical music. If you like any form of non classical music then it is most probably originated from jazz HTH.
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      To entertain people who like it.

I quite like Latin Jazz.
                      I like latin jazz as well.

"Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X