• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Male vs female

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    When it comes to shoes, Men have no idea!

The most recent pair I bought, I got the look of "how far do you think you will be able to walk in them?" but he doesn't bother saying it out loud anymore
    Just so long as they're not too heavy as it's usually me that ends up carrying them home

Comment

Originally posted by ilovehr View Post
      Very topical at the moment....

Last weekend I treated myself to a pair of Grado GR8 in ear headphones. I listen to my iPod whilst working so I've got earphones in for at least 5 hours a day and I want the best possible quality. They cost £300 but sound fantastic.

My wife bought a pair of Jimmy Choo court shoes for the same price yesterday.

Apparently, my headphones are "a waste of money, what's wrong with the Apple ones?" but her shoes are "an investment as she will wear them at least twice a year at weddings etc and they are gorgeous"

Discuss......

mad
      Jimmy Choo's. Same price as your £300 iPod headphones.

Excuse me a minute.

<walks to far end of the room.>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

<walks back>

Riigghhtttt......

(I'd work on the 2/3rd's rule if I were you.)
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

What the original poster appears to have utterly failed to comprehend (and leads me to wonder if he's ever met a woman let alone got involved in a relationship) is that male vs female has no basis in reality.

Women know they will always win in the end, there is no concept of competition or the male being right.

Comment

Women have got many faults.
          Men have only two.
          Everything they say
          And everything they do.

I wear the trousers in my relationship, and I have my wife's permission to say so.

I always have the last word in argument. The word is "Sorry".

ilovehr, it'll stop hurting when you stop fighting back.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

If you wanted top quality, why did you go for in ears?

I've always found open backed ones sound much better.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Jimmy Choo's. Same price as your £300 iPod headphones.

Excuse me a minute.

<walks to far end of the room.>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

<walks back>

Riigghhtttt......

(I'd work on the 2/3rd's rule if I were you.)
              I thort that
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                If you wanted top quality, why did you go for in ears?

I've always found open backed ones sound much better.
                I'm sure you're right but I always find that people who wear big cans on trains always look like down and out DJs or auditionees as Cybermen in Doctor Who.

If I could justify it to the missus I'd get a pair of these to use at home: Grado PS1000

In the meantime, the GR8s are a decent compromise!

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  What the original poster appears to have utterly failed to comprehend (and leads me to wonder if he's ever met a woman let alone got involved in a relationship) is that male vs female has no basis in reality.

Women know they will always win in the end, there is no concept of competition or the male being right.
                  My new patio says 'I beg to differ'.

Moo haa haa.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'm sure you're right but I always find that people who wear big cans on trains always look like down and out DJs or auditionees as Cybermen in Doctor Who.

If I could justify it to the missus I'd get a pair of these to use at home: Grado PS1000

In the meantime, the GR8s are a decent compromise!
                    Won't she let you use the speakers? Do you have to wait for her to go out??

I know how you feel.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

You'd be much better off finding a pair of Grado PS-1s rather than the PS1000. They sound better and have been appreciating in value steadily.

--Jatinder

Comment

Working...
                      X