• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Male vs female

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ilovehr View Post
    I thought this one was different but it appears that when it comes to shoes, women are united!
    Whereas you never learn. You know what to do.

Comment

I thought this one was different but it appears that when it comes to shoes, women are united!
      When it comes to shoes, Men have no idea!

The most recent pair I bought, I got the look of "how far do you think you will be able to walk in them?" but he doesn't bother saying it out loud anymore
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        When it comes to shoes, Men have no idea!

The most recent pair I bought, I got the look of "how far do you think you will be able to walk in them?" but he doesn't bother saying it out loud anymore
        Still got his tongue buried in the garden?

Comment

I know this isn't exactly in the flavour of the thread... but....

What format audio file are you listening to with your 300 quid headphones... not mp3 i hope...
          Do what thou wilt

Comment

I use mp3 128kbps on the Ipod

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
            I know this isn't exactly in the flavour of the thread... but....

What format audio file are you listening to with your 300 quid headphones... not mp3 i hope...
            and FLAC at home. FLAC takes mahoosive amounts of space but I THINK you can tell the difference.

Though I have to say, using a tin can on the end of a piece of string it better than the bundled apple earphones!

Comment

Very topical at the moment....

Last weekend I treated myself to a pair of Grado GR8 in ear headphones. I listen to my iPod whilst working so I've got earphones in for at least 5 hours a day and I want the best possible quality. They cost £300 but sound fantastic.

My wife bought a pair of Jimmy Choo court shoes for the same price yesterday.

Apparently, my headphones are "a waste of money, what's wrong with the Apple ones?" but her shoes are "an investment as she will wear them at least twice a year at weddings etc and they are gorgeous"

Discuss......

mad
              Does she have the legs for Jimmy Choo's?

It's just as relevant as asking if you have the music player worthy of £300 headphones, can you play FLAC on an iPod?

Edit: I see someone else has already picked up on it.
              Last edited by gingerjedi; 26 January 2011, 16:19. Reason: Didn't read entire thread
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

and FLAC at home. FLAC takes mahoosive amounts of space but I THINK you can tell the difference.

Though I have to say, using a tin can on the end of a piece of string it better than the bundled apple earphones!
                And an acceptably economical alternative.

Comment

She certainly does!

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  Does she have the legs for Jimmy Choo's?

It's just as relevant as asking if you have the music player worthy of £300 headphones, can you play FLAC on an iPod?

Edit: I see someone else has already picked up on it.
                  I've never tried to play FLAC on the Ipod - there's normally too much background noise for it to be worthwhile and it would eat up space.

At home I've got a Unitiqute media player which can play anything.

Best thing I ever bought and at £1300 I'm glad I bought it before I got married.....

Comment

whoosh....
                    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Google it....

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                      whoosh....
                      It's by NAIM and it's verrrrryyyyyyyy sexy......

I inherited some dosh last year and went a bit mad with the hi-fi.

For the HIFI nerds out there:

NAIM UNITIQUTE media player
                      NAIM NAIT XS amp
                      NAIM CD5i CD player
                      Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand speakers
                      Second hand Linn Sondek turntable
                      Last edited by ilovehr; 26 January 2011, 16:29.

Comment

Working...
                      X