• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Male vs female

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Male vs female"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    How did you come to that conclusion?
    Since they each cannot tolerate the other's hobbies or desires, it does rather suggest it was a marriage based on something other than a deep respect and interest in the other as a person.

His first marriage failed and this time he's married a younger model and it is clearly not working very well so it is also bound for the rocks.

So she wants some flash shoes once in a while - of course she does, she's a woman. He should just be able to say how good she looks when she is happy wearing them and be happy for her.

So he wants some flash techno-gubbinsery - of course he does, he's a bloke. She should simply say "Yes, dear" and then admonish him for wasting the cost of a pair of shoes on something that prevents him hearing her telling him what to do.

That's how a successful marriage works. The "what's his is hers and what's hers is hers" philosophy.

Anyway, the solution to him getting upset at what she wears, and her getting upset at his taste in music, is perfectly simple and obvious.

What he really needs is a shed.
    Last edited by RichardCranium; 27 January 2011, 11:23. Reason: Silly trypoes

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    How did you come to that conclusion??

She can't love him 'cos they don't have the same taste in music?
    obviously if she loved him, she would have got one shoe for Christmas and the other for her birthday. just to spread the cost, like

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    This is what happens when a woman marries for money rather than love.
    I bet you buy your own lunch in work too, don't you?
    How did you come to that conclusion??

She can't love him 'cos they don't have the same taste in music?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by ilovehr View Post
    What tends to happen, is that if the hifi is used while we're both in the flat, we "have" to listen to something that we both like. There's a bit of an age gap between us (12 years) and she isn't really into the 80's stuff that I adore (no not Duran Duran and Kajagoogoo) as she was only 9 at the end of the 80s!

But when she's out the speakers get an airing!!!!

I can't let her touch the turntable either - she's never owned a vinyl album and the mechanics of analogue are alien to her.

I'm getting old.......
    This is what happens when a woman marries for money rather than love.

I bet you buy your own lunch in work too, don't you?

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Women have got many faults.
    Men have only two.
    Everything they say
    And everything they do.

I wear the trousers in my relationship, and I have my wife's permission to say so.

I always have the last word in argument. The word is "Sorry".

Leave a comment:

• ilovehr
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Old ????

by my calculator you are 17.

thats not old my son

Hang on, I'm 42 and she's 30.....

I think you need to change your calculator!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    What tends to happen, is that if the hifi is used while we're both in the flat, we "have" to listen to something that we both like. There's a bit of an age gap between us (12 years) and she isn't really into the 80's stuff that I adore (no not Duran Duran and Kajagoogoo) as she was only 9 at the end of the 80s!

I can't let her touch the turntable either - she's never owned a vinyl album and the mechanics of analogue are alien to her.

I'm getting old.......
    Old ????

by my calculator you are 17.

thats not old my son

Leave a comment:

• ilovehr
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Won't she let you use the speakers? Do you have to wait for her to go out??

I know how you feel.

I'm getting old.......

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I thort that
    thort?

Urban Dictionary: thort

Is that what you really meant?

Leave a comment:

• jatinder
    replied
    If I could justify it to the missus I'd get a pair of these to use at home: Grado PS1000
    You'd be much better off finding a pair of Grado PS-1s rather than the PS1000. They sound better and have been appreciating in value steadily.

--Jatinder

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I'm sure you're right but I always find that people who wear big cans on trains always look like down and out DJs or auditionees as Cybermen in Doctor Who.

If I could justify it to the missus I'd get a pair of these to use at home: Grado PS1000

In the meantime, the GR8s are a decent compromise!
    Won't she let you use the speakers? Do you have to wait for her to go out??

I know how you feel.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    What the original poster appears to have utterly failed to comprehend (and leads me to wonder if he's ever met a woman let alone got involved in a relationship) is that male vs female has no basis in reality.

Women know they will always win in the end, there is no concept of competition or the male being right.
    My new patio says 'I beg to differ'.

Moo haa haa.

Leave a comment:

• ilovehr
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    If you wanted top quality, why did you go for in ears?

I've always found open backed ones sound much better.
    I'm sure you're right but I always find that people who wear big cans on trains always look like down and out DJs or auditionees as Cybermen in Doctor Who.

In the meantime, the GR8s are a decent compromise!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Jimmy Choo's. Same price as your £300 iPod headphones.

Excuse me a minute.

<walks to far end of the room.>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

<walks back>

Riigghhtttt......

(I'd work on the 2/3rd's rule if I were you.)
    I thort that

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    If you wanted top quality, why did you go for in ears?

I've always found open backed ones sound much better.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X