• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for the Boys - Stag Do Suggestions...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post

3. Brighton: Looks favourite. I have heard its the gay capital of the South, but if Blackpool is the gay capital of the North then I don't think I have anything to worry about.
    Being a southern ex-shandy drinking soft tulipe type I've been to Brighton many times. Honestly, you will need some local knowledge before you go on a crawl down there.

Comment

Can you part with your local knowledge then i.e. keep me out of the gay bars!

Comment

I think you'll know when you're in the gay bars.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I've been on a couple of stag dos in Birmingham. If you want to go the races you could go to Warwick/Wolverhampton, or there are 2 dog tracks in Brum.

Book a travel lodge on Broad street and you are bang in the centre.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            I've been on a couple of stag dos in Birmingham. If you want to go the races you could go to Warwick/Wolverhampton, or there are 2 dog tracks in Brum.

Book a travel lodge on Broad street and you are bang in the centre.
            I went on two stag weekends to Brum last year. Travelodge is pretty grim, as would be expected. I highly recommend the Weatherspoons hotel, which is the same price but 100 times nicer. Pretty close to Broad Street.
            Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
              I went on two stag weekends to Brum last year. Travelodge is pretty grim, as would be expected. I highly recommend the Weatherspoons hotel, which is the same price but 100 times nicer. Pretty close to Broad Street.
              Or Jurys Inn

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
                Think Birmingham might be worth a look for you. Broad St is as cheesey as hell and there are loads of bars.
                But you do also have the option of some nicer bars in Brindley place or the Arcadian.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  Or Jurys Inn
                  Or CityInn.

I arranged one there last year.

£59 per room per person for two night inc brekkie (2 lads per room)

A night at the dog track (free admission + max a tenner in a taxi to get there) followed by booze & curry on Broad St.
                  Next day: The offroad buggy thingies for a couple of hrs followed by pub crawling up/down broad st.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                    Yes, the bar stools are upside down
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                      Is it because they have Gerbils in the vending machines ?
                      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                      X