• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "One for the Boys - Stag Do Suggestions..."

Collapse

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    I think you'll know when you're in the gay bars.
    Is it because they have Gerbils in the vending machines ?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Yes, the bar stools are upside down

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Or Jurys Inn
    Or CityInn.

I arranged one there last year.

£59 per room per person for two night inc brekkie (2 lads per room)

A night at the dog track (free admission + max a tenner in a taxi to get there) followed by booze & curry on Broad St.
    Next day: The offroad buggy thingies for a couple of hrs followed by pub crawling up/down broad st.

Leave a comment:

• MrFancyPants
    replied
    Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
    I went on two stag weekends to Brum last year. Travelodge is pretty grim, as would be expected. I highly recommend the Weatherspoons hotel, which is the same price but 100 times nicer. Pretty close to Broad Street.
    Think Birmingham might be worth a look for you. Broad St is as cheesey as hell and there are loads of bars.
    But you do also have the option of some nicer bars in Brindley place or the Arcadian.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
    I went on two stag weekends to Brum last year. Travelodge is pretty grim, as would be expected. I highly recommend the Weatherspoons hotel, which is the same price but 100 times nicer. Pretty close to Broad Street.
    Or Jurys Inn

Leave a comment:

• Qdos Contractor
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    I've been on a couple of stag dos in Birmingham. If you want to go the races you could go to Warwick/Wolverhampton, or there are 2 dog tracks in Brum.

Book a travel lodge on Broad street and you are bang in the centre.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    I've been on a couple of stag dos in Birmingham. If you want to go the races you could go to Warwick/Wolverhampton, or there are 2 dog tracks in Brum.

Book a travel lodge on Broad street and you are bang in the centre.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    Can you part with your local knowledge then i.e. keep me out of the gay bars!

Leave a comment:

• Jubber
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post

3. Brighton: Looks favourite. I have heard its the gay capital of the South, but if Blackpool is the gay capital of the North then I don't think I have anything to worry about.
    Being a southern ex-shandy drinking soft tulipe type I've been to Brighton many times. Honestly, you will need some local knowledge before you go on a crawl down there.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    How was the holiday in Egypt ? did you risk going into the sea ?

a proper contractor would pay for his mates to go to vegas, and still have enough money to play on the silver dollar fruities

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    Cheers for the suggestions chaps!

Just an update:

1. Vegas: Would be the ultimate stag do but unfortunately my mates aren't contractors

2. Blackpool: Not far from me and have been many times. A GREAT night out if you like cheese and if you go out of the football season when indeed it seems to be full of gangs of locals looking for trouble. Too close to home if you know what I mean.

3. Brighton: Looks favourite. I have heard its the gay capital of the South, but if Blackpool is the gay capital of the North then I don't think I have anything to worry about. Thinking back, I did wake up with a sore ass and a headache last time I went...

4. Bournemouth: I have heard about the plight of the 'Silver Tops' so might give it a miss.

5. Dublin: Cool place but way too expensive.

Keep 'em coming please...

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Full of Swansea and Valleys Trogs.
    Swansea is indeed a potential venue for stag night piss-up, in particularly the Wind Street area. You then have Swansea and The Mumbles for daytime entertainment.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    According to a friend of mine, Tenby is the place to go. It's full of Welsh girls on hen nights. They can be a bit intimidating by all accounts.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Full of Swansea and Valleys Trogs.
    Tidy..like

Leave a comment:

Working...
X