• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for the Boys - Stag Do Suggestions...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
    Getting to Dublin is reasonable, but isn't beer horrifically expensive?
    No more than London I would say.

They used to be fussy about letting groups of lads in places other than around the Temple Bar area but as Ireland is so poor now & they need yer money, it might be ok.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Went to Dublin last year in Feb and the alcohol prices are astounding!!!!! Way more than London. Templebar area takes the P1$$

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        No more than London I would say.

They used to be fussy about letting groups of lads in places other than around the Temple Bar area but as Ireland is so poor now & they need yer money, it might be ok.
        Is there a club called Pod still about?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          Is there a club called Pod still about?
          I remember The Pod... not sure if it is still there.

We wouldn't normally go out in Dublin to be honest, my home town is about 35 miles from the City.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
            If you do really want cheesy then Blackpool is the place. It is not for the fainthearted though. If you are aged 30+ also, then you'll not be surrounded by teeny boppers and have a VERY good chance of pulling if some of you are on the prowl and not too fussy.

If your gang is coming from all over the UK then Amsterdam is as easy to get to as a UK venue.
            I don't think Blackpool is cheesy, it's just flippin depressing.

I vote Bristol. A couple of big cheesy clubs, loads of girls of varying quality. Plenty of places to stay, and small enough to traipse round for drinks during the day.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Bournemouth is just the job, aint full of granny buses like others say, esp at the hours youll be out sampling the delights of the town.

places open til 6am if you aint drunk enough by then, tbh place during the summer months is always full of hen parties so plenty to see and do!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Oh Brighton will certainly have a load of places they will let 10 lads in!! Ratio of girls to boys will be pretty grim though!!
                Giggle

(and leaving the groom half naked and chained to a lamp post would go down well there. )

How about Blackpool?

Also, are we invited?
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                  Not, absolutely NOT Blackpool. Went on a stag do from hell there once. The Best Man got us a 'right bargain' with three people sharing per room in this right flea pit - a couple of us just walked out and booked into the Imperial. The whole town is full of pissed up gangs of 'female' Glaswegians and local mobs of lads intent on attacking stag dos.

This was compounded by a bunch of the groom to be's rugger mates from Uni who decided we would all join in their obscure Uni rugby Club drinking game (3rd pint, left hand, two fingers on the bar have to snog the Number 8 and drink a shot of vomit). Food was a nightmare as well with some people employing the "I'm only paying for what I ate" rule and others royally taking the piss with side orders and cocktails.

Generally I try and avoid stag dos at all cost. I've never been on one that hasn't been sh1te.
                  I went on a stag do to Blackpool. The stag was in hospital with a broken arm one hour after we got off the train having had an altercation with two bouncers who appeared to be on growth hormone. I was already back at the digs with a concussion having been dropped on my head by said stag 20 minutes earlier.

They say Basingstoke is the place to be.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

How about Cardiff?
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                      How about Cardiff?
                      As in, Wales?
                      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X