• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best breakfasts you ever had ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Before I even tried my first baked bean, I was beaten. As tasty as they were, 10 sausages are too much for one man.
    Amateur

You have to eat the beans first. The roughage they provide allows for easier evacuation, the following day, of the real food you shovel down after them

My regular Sunday special is beans with four sausages and four rashers of middle (basically back and streaky in the same rasher) with an inch-thick slice of bread fried in the fat from the bacon and sausages. It works out to half-a-pound each of sausages and bacon, and none of the fat goes to waste. The beans also count as one of those five-a-day things of which I only ever manage one.

I was pleased to note that my discharge letter from hospital after my heart attack stated that both my cholesterol level and blood pressure were within normal operational parameters, implying that my utterly atrocious dietary habits have caused me no harm at all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Amateur

You have to eat the beans first. The roughage they provide allows for easier evacuation, the following day, of the real food you shovel down after them

My regular Sunday special is beans with four sausages and four rashers of middle (basically back and streaky in the same rasher) with an inch-thick slice of bread fried in the fat from the bacon and sausages. It works out to half-a-pound each of sausages and bacon, and none of the fat goes to waste. The beans also count as one of those five-a-day things of which I only ever manage one.

I was pleased to note that my discharge letter from hospital after my heart attack stated that both my cholesterol level and blood pressure were within normal operational parameters, implying that my utterly atrocious dietary habits have caused me no harm at all

Well done that man!

Tone

Comment

I was pleased to note that my discharge letter from hospital after my heart attack stated that both my cholesterol level and blood pressure were within normal operational parameters, implying that my utterly appropriate dietary habits for an opportunistically omnivorous carnivore with predatory tendencies have been all that have kept me going all these years
        FTFY

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Amateur

I was told something last week (by a health professional) that scared me a bit.
          I always believed that cholesterol formed on the inside of the tubes, like a sort of plaque. So if you ever had a problem, it could be shifted, one way or another. Apparently not.
          It forms inside the tube wall, causing thickening and inflexibility, and altogether more dangerous.

whereabouts in Bolton was that place, i'm starving

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            I dont normally do brekkie, preferring to eat later in the day, but I have had some interesting breakfasts in some interesting places.

But for sheer good all-round brilliantness, the best breakfasts I ever had were in a 3 month pharmaceutical contract in Dartford about ten years ago.

empty canteen, no queue
            perfect bacon
            sausages
            lovely toast
            runny eggs
            smothered in beans
            perfect coffee
            nice staff
            no time pressure

I still think of it now and then. my perfect breakfasts

I was also at GSK at that time, on the SMP and later the GSN projects that closed Dartford - although I think they still used it to make active ingredients! I had the choice of being based at Dartford but picked the main project office in Southall (which was bloody horrible)
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              But despite the obvious health risks, the 52-year-old chef insists it is all just a bit of fun.

He said: “I don’t think anyone will ever eat the full breakfast. It started out as a joke, but now four people have tried it. No-one has come anywhere close yet, not even half way.

“I would be very happy if someone finished my breakfast but I don’t think it will ever happen.”
              I would have certainly been up to the challenge when I was a student. I was doing a lot of sport and was permanently hungry. 20 minutes and no cup of tea is ridiculous though.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

This blokes had a few.

Comment

Working...
                X