• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best breakfasts you ever had ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. I know it's not strictly breakfast but Sunday Brunch at Little Palm Island was superb. Unlimited Bloody Marys and\or champagne included.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Am I the only one who prefers cheap sausages to these premium ones? I find them too dense and solid, I like the sausage to be a softer texture. Maybe these are crap premium sausages I've had with too much meat... in my book they should have bread and so on, but mixed with decent meat.
      That's what I used to think about South African and to a lesser extent German sausages.

I got used to them, to the point that now I find the English ones somehow lacking
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        Agreed, some of the American brekkies are quite good. Last time I was there though, I had a bit of an altercation with the manager/owner, after the restaurant moggie attacked my new trainers. The owner denied having a viscious mog, but the kind waitress found it and brought it over for identification
        'pardon me sir, is this the cat that chewed your new shoes ?'
        It must be thirty years since I heard that joke.* A Frank Muir gem, if I remember correctly, and right up there with "Some monk chanted evening".

* a good joke does stand the test of time.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Mine would be a full-on trucker's salad and a mug of proper tea at an old-fashioned, grimey transport caff after an all-night party.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Denny's on Miami Beach strip in 1986. I was 15 and wow, certainly beat two soggy weetabix.
            Dennys... I tried to eat in one of those once and when the burger arrived after about a 30 minute wait, it was cold and raw... even the cheese slice couldn't melt it was so cold.. and when I complained they asked if I'd like them to "go microwave it for you?". I said no thanks and walked out.

As for best breakfast, I'd say the Renaissance Diner in Hell's Kitchen in NYC...

Comment

Just come across this on this on the Guinness Book of World Records. EO. Enjoy!

World’s Biggest English Breakfast: Mario’s Cafe, Bolton, serves ten eggs, sausages and bacon rashers, five black puddings and piles of mushrooms and beans.
              It’s free if eaten in 20 minutes!

Read more: Guinness Book Of World Records 2011: From longest tongue to stuffing straws | Mail Online
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Just come across this on this on the Guinness Book of World Records. EO. Enjoy!

World’s Biggest English Breakfast: Mario’s Cafe, Bolton, serves ten eggs, sausages and bacon rashers, five black puddings and piles of mushrooms and beans.
                It’s free if eaten in 20 minutes!

Read more: Guinness Book Of World Records 2011: From longest tongue to stuffing straws | Mail Online
                Wot??? No cuppa tea thrown in?

Tight bastards.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

[QUOTE=MarillionFan;1259883]Just come across this on this on the Guinness Book of World Records. EO. Enjoy!

£10.95! Only in Bolton!

A CAFE is offering a gut-busting breakfast challenge — eat every last morsel of its fearsome full English and you can have it for free.

But be warned — this supersized meal is not for the faint of heart.
                  In fact, the owner of Mario’s Cafe Bar, in Market Street, Westhoughton, asks any customer brave enough to take on the challenge to sign a disclaimer taking responsibility for their own health.
                  For £10.95, willing victims can “enjoy” 10 eggs, 10 sausages, 10 rashers of bacon, 10 slices of toast, five black pudding slices, tomatoes, mushrooms and baked beans.
                  Owner and head chef Mario Frappola gives customers just 20 minutes to wolf down his calorie-packed meal and does not even allow them a cup of tea.
                  The breakfast packs in 5,000 calories — nearly twice the recommended daily intake for an average man.
                  A spokesman for the British Heart Foundation said: “Eating this amount in one sitting is not a good idea.”
                  But despite the obvious health risks, the 52-year-old chef insists it is all just a bit of fun.
                  He said: “I don’t think anyone will ever eat the full breakfast. It started out as a joke, but now four people have tried it. No-one has come anywhere close yet, not even half way.
                  “I would be very happy if someone finished my breakfast but I don’t think it will ever happen.”
                  Steve’s verdict, bite by bite
                  I HAVE faced many a great challenge in my life, but none so awesome as Mario’s Big Breakfast Challenge.
                  At 11.30am on Monday, having starved myself all morning, I was ready to devour Mario’s calorie-packed full English.
                  But the breakfast was so big, no plate could hold it and he served the 5,000 calorie meal on a huge tray.
                  When I saw it, I am reliably informed that my face turned a whiter shade of pale.
                  Before I even tried my first baked bean, I was beaten. As tasty as they were, 10 sausages are too much for one man.
                  In total, on the first day of Christmas, I managed six sizzling sausages, five black puddings, four fried eggs, three rashers of bacon, two slices of toast, and a nice refreshing cup of tea.
                  As I swallowed the last bit of black pudding, I felt ever so slightly ill and admitted defeat.
                  I reluctantly handed over the £10.95 for my breakfast and trudged out of Mario’s with my tail between my legs.
                  Funnily enough, I didn’t feel too clever for the rest of the day and things did not get any better when I got home — it was sausages for tea!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Brooklyn Diner Times Sq New York...

Happier Times.

Tone

Comment

Banners, Crouch End

Meat fry

Consistantly great for past 20 years - always go in when in N.London.

Comment

Working...
                      X