• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minor things that really piss you off !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I think we had a thread on supermarket etiquette some time ago.

I hate it when the person in front of you at the till doesn't have the courtesy to put a divider down behind their shopping. Yes, I will put my shopping right next to yours and eyeball you, you better believe it buster.
    <Michael Caine voice>

Oh, and particularly old women, FFS, when you get to the front of the queue, the cashier is going to ask you for money, so get your bloody money ready instead of rummaging around in your handbag looking for your purse. You've been to the shops often enough and had enough bloody practice, so don't be so surprised that you have to pay for the stuff you want.

</Michael Caine voice>
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

c) When on hold, the music suddenly stopping and a human voice coming on and saying "Thank you for holding" which makes you jump as you think they've finally answered, but it is just a recorded message.
      nothing is likely to turn me from chilled to apoplectic than this - why do they need to repeat it every five seconds making you think someone has answered whoever came up with that should be shot- reminds me of the variation of Clarke's law:

Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
      sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
        nothing is likely to turn me from chilled to apoplectic than this - why do they need to repeat it every five seconds making you think someone has answered whoever came up with that should be shot- reminds me of the variation of Clarke's law:

Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
        ' YOUR CALL IS IMPORTANT TO US '

No, it's clearly not, you shit:.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

' YOUR CALL IS IMPORTANT TO US '

No, it's clearly not, you tulip.
          I get like that too. We should organise something MP. MTT and MP in a coordinated attack on the tulip customer service provision of large businesses.

I would particularly like to single out airlines;

' We welcome you on board and hope you have a pleasant flight'

Bollocks, if you gave a tulip you'd provide enough legroom for me to avoid being kneecapped and you'd give me something better to eat than this little bucket of sludge with a cardboard biscuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            I get like that too. We should organise something MP. MTT and MP in a coordinated attack on the tulip customer service provision of large businesses.

I would particularly like to single out airlines;

' We welcome you on board and hope you have a pleasant flight'

Bollocks, if you gave a tulip you'd provide enough legroom for me to avoid being kneecapped and you'd give me something better to eat than this little bucket of sludge with a cardboard biscuit.
            I am a big fan of partially comedic complaint letters.

Bad service gripes include:
            • Not being told I'm about to be transferred to someone else during a call, then having to explain once more my reason for calling as well as all my personal details including bra size before I'm able to get to the point of what I wanted in the first place.
            • People who work behind a bar yet can't process more than one drink request at a time. Memorable is the time I asked some spotty yoof for a Pepsi, and a tomato juice. He stared at me silently for a few seconds, then asked "you mean, in the same glass?"
            • People behind the till who gossip between themselves while serving.
            • Carrier bag nazi's. Sainsburys is the worst. The silly turd on the till will either start scanning without seeing if I have bags, or provide me with one flimsy bag for a huge trolleyload of stuff. I will not begin packing on principle until I am provided with enough bags. This entire scenario can make me angry enough to want to jump over the till and poke the cashier's eyes out with my fingers.
            • People who MUMBLE.
            • The woman working on clientco coffee bar who, in trying to be great at her job, always has your drink ready for you before you get to the till. Great, thanks, except today I wanted a double shot. Seeing her puzzled, then annoyed expression; and having to explain you will need her to make you a new coffee as no, simply dumping another shot of ground coffee in the cup probably won't work. Being told angrily - well, that's just a waste love.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I am a big fan of partially comedic complaint letters.

Bad service gripes include:
              • Not being told I'm about to be transferred to someone else during a call, then having to explain once more my reason for calling as well as all my personal details including bra size before I'm able to get to the point of what I wanted in the first place.
              • People who work behind a bar yet can't process more than one drink request at a time. Memorable is the time I asked some spotty yoof for a Pepsi, and a tomato juice. He stared at me silently for a few seconds, then asked "you mean, in the same glass?"
              • People behind the till who gossip between themselves while serving.
              • Carrier bag nazi's. Sainsburys is the worst. The silly turd on the till will either start scanning without seeing if I have bags, or provide me with one flimsy bag for a huge trolleyload of stuff. I will not begin packing on principle until I am provided with enough bags. This entire scenario can make me angry enough to want to jump over the till and poke the cashier's eyes out with my fingers.
              • People who MUMBLE.
              • The woman working on clientco coffee bar who, in trying to be great at her job, always has your drink ready for you before you get to the till. Great, thanks, except today I wanted a double shot. Seeing her puzzled, then annoyed expression; and having to explain you will need her to make you a new coffee as no, simply dumping another shot of ground coffee in the cup probably won't work. Being told angrily - well, that's just a waste love.
              Are you my mum?

Seriously though, you´re right on all counts.

Comment

People who stop just before the tube barrier and THEN decide to get their ticket out.

People who stop suddenly in the street/station whilst checking their blackberry.

People who insist on reading their paper on the tube when there's no bleedin' roomto do so and end up sticking it right in your face.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Old, but still brilliant.

Virgin: the world's best passenger complaint letter? - Telegraph

In fact, I can´t read that without splurting coffee over the screen.
                  Last edited by Mich the Tester; 17 February 2011, 14:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Are you my mum?

Seriously though, you´re right on all counts.
                    I don't think so, but you can have a slap round the chops anyway
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

waiting for a pizza
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X