• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Posters who've had loony partners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    He disappeared off the face of the earth when I was 6 months up the duffer, so I doubt he'd risk posting on here
    Yep, I've noticed that people don't really stick around after you chuck a teapot at them.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

On a first date I took this girl out and we were driving to the cinema, doing the small talk stuff then out of the blue she said "I have something to tell you", "I was abused by my brother for 8 years". I almost crashed the car. Very uncomfortable night.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
        On a first date I took this girl out and we were driving to the cinema, doing the small talk stuff then out of the blue she said "I have something to tell you", "I was abused by my brother for 8 years". I almost crashed the car. Very uncomfortable night.
        Not added. More info needed. Her brother was mad; she wasn't. Unless she enjoyed it, and there are some bible belt areas of NL where it's quite common.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Not added. He brother was mad; she wasn't. Unless she enjoyed it, and there are some bible belt areas of NL where it's quite common.
          But would you tell someone that on the first date?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Yep, I've noticed that people don't really stick around after you chuck a teapot at them.
            The others did..!
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Stepping into her shoes for a moment, and in all seriousness - she was probably nervous about how it would come out, and when - and blurted it out rather than have to wait and decide when it might be best to spill. Give you a chance to process it, like.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Erm, don't know; it's perhaps good to give a warning that she might have some issues and you might need to be patient about the bed thing. But first date, hmmmm.

Comment

pssstttt.. MP - tell them about the guitar hero. Go on!
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    pssstttt.. MP - tell them about the guitar hero. Go on!
                    Oh surely everyone knows this one by now! Argh!

NickF will dig this post out in a sec, you watch.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

One of my casual flings way back liked to play the game of the glass-bottom boat. Imagine my surprise when inadvertantly acting the role of passenger I was underneath the glass coffee table looking for a magazine when she suddenly leaped on top of the table and sat on her haunches and carried out the act.

Well I say surprised, that was before I realised there wasn't any glass.
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X