• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruiting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    'fraid it does
    So, for example, the son of the British High Commissioner to India, despite maybe being oxbridge educated would be ineligeable because of where they were born? Ditto for any of the offspring of Bristish Nationals working there.

You've not thought it through have you? Or rather, your blunt instrument approach to wielding out "unsuitables" is most likely illegal and probably opens you up to all sorts of litigation I should think.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
      I believe that I did read the requirement (I didn't say Indian), and I didn'r "scream racist", I pointed out that certain criteria would be legally forbidden. I didn't say that makes you racist. My point was rather that if you have non-racist criteria, you must use those real criteria and not a short-cut that is in itself racially based.
      So requesting UK /European born nationals is now considered racist?

How did we come to this?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        So requesting UK /European born nationals is now considered racist?
        It's against the law (in most cases).

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          So, for example, the son of the British High Commissioner to India, despite maybe being oxbridge educated would be ineligeable because of where they were born? Ditto for any of the offspring of Bristish Nationals working there.

You've not thought it through have you? Or rather, your blunt instrument approach to wielding out "unsuitables" is most likely illegal and probably opens you up to all sorts of litigation I should think.
          You can always dream up what if scenarios - they would be exceptions and I would take the potential loss of one suitable candidate to weed out the hundreds of 'do the needful' from applying

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I think the Asian candidates have other things on their mind.

Asian gang raped girls as young as 12 after picking them up on streets for sex | Mail Online
            Yesterday Saddique and Liaqat, each British-born
            Maybe so, but Troll is happy to have them work for him subject to availability which I understand maybe an issue here.

Comment

I applaud trolls honesy and candor, if more where like him we wouldn't be in the mess we are in today.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Can't you say "Applicants must be of Ayran race, have a healthy distrust of all things Jewish and aspire to World domination."

Already said didn't mind UK born Indians etc. so the Ayran race stuff is a bit of a herring rouge

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  It's against the law (in most cases).
                  which law (specifically)

Comment

I've never really understood all the legislation around discrimination etc in wording adverts when the CV selection is then a fairly arbitrary and uncontrolled process.

I've seen CVs 'binned' for all the following reasons...

- got a Posh T**t name
                    - Welsh
                    - she'll be up the duff in 18 months time
                    - Scouser
                    - he'll probably try and open a shop the minute he gets here (seriously!)
                    - he'll be no good. What if we have to send him on-site? (blind)

So, a simple 'must be eligible to work in the UK' should do it and then you can apply your own discriminatory criteria from there.
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      Maybe so, but Troll is happy to have them work for him subject to availability which I understand maybe an issue here.
                      I know there were plans some time ago to teach inmates IT skills ready for their release, however in this instance I would not consider ex-cons either

That is probably against the law too

Comment

Working...
                      X