• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruiting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markmm View Post
    Cant you use the names as a filter?

Steven Smith - OK
    Abhijit Chandrasekhara - Filter
    The Okobokobumbas have been wise to that one for some years & have anglised their surnames to come in under the radar
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      so I can't just cut to the chase and say sorry no Bobs
      Try it - report back with results please.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

so I can't just cut to the chase and say sorry no Bobs
        No. You need to make clear what you need people to be able to do.

What particular capability do you require that you don't feel a foreign born person might have?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The Okobokobumbas have been wise to that one for some years & have anglised their surnames to come in under the radar
          OK you are MarillionFan and I claim my five free lycra "cage fighting" body stockings.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

first one not to read the requirement correctly and scream racist loses!
            I believe that I did read the requirement (I didn't say Indian), and I didn'r "scream racist", I pointed out that certain criteria would be legally forbidden. I didn't say that makes you racist. My point was rather that if you have non-racist criteria, you must use those real criteria and not a short-cut that is in itself racially based.
            Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Can't you say "Applicants must be of Ayran race, have a healthy distrust of all things Jewish and aspire to World domination."

Comment

Serious - time is tight - want a resource on board asap don't want a flood of unsuitable applicants
                In that case it's not "must be British" but "must not be useless" you want to stipulate. Most UK applications will be crap too.

Also, do Bobs apply directly? Don't the stereotyped ones come through external suppliers as part of a team?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I think the Asian candidates have other things on their mind.

Asian gang raped girls as young as 12 after picking them up on streets for sex | Mail Online

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    I think the Asian candidates have other things on their mind.

Asian gang raped girls as young as 12 after picking them up on streets for sex | Mail Online
                    I don't think they are same ones that we see day after day outputting bad code/support/testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      No. You need to make clear what you need people to be able to do.

What particular capability do you require that you don't feel a foreign born person might have?

They may object to the deployment of burning crosses and lynchings of darkies.

Comment

Working...
                      X