• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Ashes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Cricket's not a big sport in Australia. We're more into our Aussie Rules and Rugby League down here.
    Funny - every Aussie I've ever spoken to has said that cricket is everything and the job of aussie cricket captain is the 2nd most important job in the country.

Of course, this was when they were winning.

Comment

Quacking Innings from Hussey!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Chant of the series so far from the Barmy Army as Aussie supporters were deserting in droves on Monday afternoon...

"Is this a fire drill?"
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Chant of the series so far from the Barmy Army as Aussie supporters were deserting in droves on Monday afternoon...

"Is this a fire drill?"
          KUATB sir

Comment

I feel like a kid who knows he's getting a new bike for Christmas...
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Can't wait.

Should be going over for the Sydney test.
              Have you managed to get tickets?
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is that!

An innings and 157 runs. That is what you call a rout - biggest win against oz since 1956!!!

Not sure where Ponting goes from here. Probably into retirement?

Comment

top banana

Comment

I'd imagine that won't be a difficulty, judging by some of the Test crowds the locals are failing to attend in droves.

Fairly convincing victory for England in this Test.

Comment

Working...
                      X