• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Ashes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't miss the pictures of Mike Hussey.

Comment

Looks like a crowd consisting of the Barmy Army plus about 10 Australians again tomorrow.

Told you Perth was a novelty pitch one-off.

England should push on tomorrow to 500 and then declare. Skittle the Aussies out again for sub-150 and the Ashes are in the bag.
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

How odd, there's no sign of Soupy today

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          Looks like a crowd consisting of the Barmy Army plus about 10 Australians again tomorrow.

Told you Perth was a novelty pitch one-off.

England should push on tomorrow to 500 and then declare. Skittle the Aussies out again for sub-150 and the Ashes are in the bag.
          Right about Perth, and right about the crowd (as they were filing out mid-afternoon, apparently the Barmy Army sang "Is this your fire drill".)

But I doubt the rest will be so easy. We were lucky to get the best of the conditions to bowl in, then the best to bat in. Plus, that pitch is getting easier.

Comment

It's not often you gain a first innings lead without losing a wicket. It's the first time against Australia for 98 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              How odd, there's no sign of Soupy today
              Been nursing the santa clause of hangovers.

Got out of bed at 12 and watched star trek for 4 hours on the sofa under 2 blankets.

Last thing I remember from last night was shouting 'no, coagulation is the same as clotting' at the trivial pursuits board about 10. Not been that drunk in years.

Comment

And here we go ladies.

Going to stay up until the 2nd century.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  And here we go ladies.

Nighty night MF
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    And here we go ladies.

Are you still up?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                      Are you still up?
                      Only managed up until Trotts century.

350 lead. it's coming home, its
                      Coming home!
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X