• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Ashes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    Why all the hate about a game?
    Ask Fido. Don't have a dog but I could imagine plenty of English pooches getting kicked last night.

Nothing but love for the game today. Seen Johnson take apart a miserable England batting order and watched Hussey battering every ball sent his way.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Anyone else going to have a cricket flounce?
      Hypocrite, you only post more than once on this thread when the Aussies have remembered how to play. And then it's more bollocks about hating England than anything about the game.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Minestrone, you are such a cock.

Larging it as soon as the Aussies finally remember how to bowl and bat in one match, and silent when England put them under the cosh in Adelaide, by an innings and 71 runs. That is a mauling, not an 80 run lead in a first innings.

More interesting is that the team performance has probably saved Ponting's job for another match at least. It's a real shame to see such a great player under such obviously mental stress.

Also, what happened to your 3-0 prediction? Did you get your money back on that bet?
        Damn, I was close there MF.

Comment

1.34 2 go
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

1.34 2 go
            WTF are you two dockers on about?
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              WTF are you two dockers on about?
              Sorry. Perth time. 2.35 to go!

Minestrone reckons he can get an English poster to make a 'bet' with him that Australia wont win the ashes 3-1(!!!). He's been mouthing off on PM to everyone!

Minestrone. One swallow does not an Aussie Winter make. Perth(apart from being a tuliphole full of flies - I have never been to a sorrier ******* place) is known for having abnormal bounce. Perth is Hussey;s home ground and so effectively the fact the ground is doctored towards abnormal play gives Australia a home advantage. Johnson has been lucky. Siddle couldn't bowl a village green!

If you really think Aus will win 3-1 then start putting your money where your mouth is.

Without Hussey, Australia would be nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Sorry. Perth time. 2.35 to go!

Minestrone reckons he can get an English poster to make a 'bet' with him that Australia wont win the ashes 3-1(!!!). He's been mouthing off on PM to everyone!

Minestrone. One swallow does not an Aussie Winter make. Perth(apart from being a tuliphole full of flies - I have never been to a sorrier ******* place) is known for having abnormal bounce. Perth is Hussey;s home ground and so effectively the fact the ground is doctored towards abnormal play gives Australia a home advantage. Johnson has been lucky. Siddle couldn't bowl a village green!

If you really think Aus will win 3-1 then start putting your money where your mouth is.

Without Hussey, Australia would be nowhere.
                Hussey?

Is this the chap?

Comment

Yep. That's the one.
                  Last edited by MarillionFan; 18 December 2010, 23:11. Reason: Apple Macs - tulipe when it comes to copying and pasting!

Comment

Minestrone, is there a reason you're trolling on this thread or are you just hoping to "pwn" someone as a brave and bold internet warrior?

Rather funny watching you trying to get a rise out of people by anti Englishness. I was born in England and I couldn't care less about English nationalism, I'm British. Many English don't feel inadequate so no need for some fake nationalism to prop up our ego's.

I'll be stunned and amazed if England manage to salvage even a draw from this match as the Australians have clearly been the better team, just like England were clearly better in the previous one.

With the series square (inevitable I'd say) it's all to play for in the next two Tests which hopefully will see both teams playing at the top of their games.
                    Last edited by TykeMerc; 19 December 2010, 00:31. Reason: Fixed a typo

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                      I was born in England and I couldn't care less about English nationalism, I'm British. Many English don't feel inadequate so need some fake nationalism to prop up our egos.
                      That's how I was brought up too, by both family and school.

I was taught the British had an empire, paid for with Scottish, Welsh and Irish blood as much as English.

At school there was a strong message of "Join in and play by the rules. That's more important than the winning."

And as I was growing up, the only things we ever won were sailing and the tug-of-war. I grew up believing the purpose of England participating in sport was to make up the numbers and to show the rest of the world how it is done properly.

I am always surprised when England wins any sport.

And with the exception of some hooligans, I think that reflects the view of many English people.
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X