• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Colditz (TV series)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one worthy of note and made to similar quality standards is Elizabeth R with Glenda Jackson in the starring role.

I agree that it's a shame such quality drama series are a product of 30-40 years ago and the art has been lost in favour of "Celebrity", "Reality" and "Talent" shows.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      Another one worthy of note and made to similar quality standards is Elizabeth R with Glenda Jackson in the starring role.

I agree that it's a shame such quality drama series are a product of 30-40 years ago and the art has been lost in favour of "Celebrity", "Reality" and "Talent" shows.
      There are some decent dramas being made, although the pressure to turn out series after series of anything that's popular means after a while it gets tainted. Sopranos, Shameless, 24 etc

Comment

Loads of new dramas being produced. And loads (most) of old TV was as tripe as most modern TV if not worse. Rose-tinted spectacles...
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          Again, giving away my age somewhat - watched the original broadcast on my mother's knee. It was great.

Jacobi was great and John Hurt as Caligula was outstanding.

Why haven't they made anything remotely as good in the last 30 years?
          Was watching it a few weeks ago and Bernard Hill is in it as well. as a roman soldier at the time that claudius was made emperor

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
          X